Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

visit to Ireland.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
I'm off to Southern Ireland in June, can anyone recommend good B&B in pubs or Hotels? planning to visit Cork, Tralee, maybe Galway.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Budget? Golfing? **Edit** just noticed you are looking for B&B so these won't work I doubt

Have done a couple of trip there in last few years ... these were fine but not sure what you want or budget but we would have got deals I'm sure.

If you are golfing let me know, I can give you a few "not to miss courses" that might not be on your itinery

http://www.arbutuskillarney.com/?gclid=CISvopCE2bYCFbMbtAod7HwAwg

4 Star Hotel Cork, Cork Hotels, Hotel in Cork, Cork Hotel, Luxury Accommodation Cork, Hotels Cork

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Budget? Golfing? **Edit** just noticed you are looking for B&B so these won't work I doubt

Have done a couple of trip there in last few years ... these were fine but not sure what you want or budget but we would have got deals I'm sure.

If you are golfing let me know, I can give you a few "not to miss courses" that might not be on your itinery
http://www.arbutuskillarney.com/?gclid=CISvopCE2bYCFbMbtAod7HwAwg

4 Star Hotel Cork, Cork Hotels, Hotel in Cork, Cork Hotel, Luxury Accommodation Cork, Hotels Cork

Thanks guys, not golfing but fishing, greyhound racing and a little sight seeing.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Great place make sure you go to the meat market in Cork, ask for some Drisheen great stuff to eat. A pub not too far from Blarney castle sells devine guiness and I will talk to the Mrs about the B & B we stayed in. Take a trip to Cobh and Fermoy and the bays of Glengarriff are stunning. Enjoy the emerald isles :smile:

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Galway is a must old son. We stayed right next to the dog track (rugby stadium too) at the top of town.
Cork you can't go wrong wherever you go.
Never done Tralee.

If you stay near the dog track and talk to the locals you'll be amazed who you meet. Some old guy I was talking to in the pub next to Clonmel track said I should come home with him to his kennels and his wife will cook some tea.
In the back garden were Whisper Wishes and Easy And Slow. Derby winner and St Ledger winner and two of the best sires of a generation

Enjoy.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Lovely people, beautiful scenery, amazing fishing and guinness is out of this world! Only place I drink to excess...then again, over there I'd drink to anything:bounce:

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Is it just me who finds Ireland dreary, miserable and dull? Yes, the people are nice, but people are nice everywhere, except France.

And Dublin is massively overrated, I could name ten better cities in the UK.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Go on then.

London
Glasgow
Edinburgh
Leeds
Brighton
Manchester

Hmm OK maybe not ten. But it's still massively overrated. It's the worst European capital city that I've been to, anyway.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Cork City - avoid the hotels on the north side of the city in general, that side of the city is up an extreme hill and most of the hotels are a bit run down and poor examples of 4*.

There's a very good high end B&B in Clonakilty, the Clonakilty Townhouse. Extremely cheap whenever I've had to stay there, e.g. when the hotels are closed midweek midwinter.

Know the area very well for work but would nearly always be staying in business-type hotels in the big towns rather than tourist areas.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here