Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt: We're better than Palace [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Bridcutt: We're better than Palace[/h]9:00am Saturday 20th April 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2205073.jpg
Liam Bridcutt in the thick of it
Albion ace Liam Bridcutt has told arch rivals Crystal Palace: “We are a better team”.
The Seagulls trailed Palace by ten points at the turn of the year but moved above them into fourth in the Championship, their highest position for 22 years, with Tuesday’s 0-0 draw at Peterborough.
Palace have taken only a point and failed to score in their last five outings, a collapse sparked by a 3-0 defeat at The Amex.
Bridcutt has been surprised by their slump but believes they rely too heavily on former Seagulls striker Glenn Murray and wingers Wilfried Zaha and Yannick Bolasie.
The Scotland international midfielder told The Argus: “It was a bit of a shock seeing Palace drop the way they have done but that’s the Championship.
“I think we are a better team. Obviously, they have got some star players, some key players, but if you look throughout the team it’s not a strong team.
“I think they have got three key players that can hurt teams but we’ve got a great set of lads and some great players here. We have got our own style and key players but as a team we are a lot better.
“We’ve got a great clean sheet record and if you look at all the games we have played we are always working hard for each other and we always know what we have got to do to win games.”
Bridcutt is confident Albion can clinch a play-off spot and then beat whoever they face as they try to stretch their unbeaten run to seven matches against mid-table Blackpool in their penultimate home fixture at The Amex today.
He said: “Even if we aren’t fourth I would back us over two legs against any side. Our clean sheet record is great and that’s key in the play-offs. You have got to keep clean sheets and score goals and at the moment we are finding that balance.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here