Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Alcohol Beer

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Just given up the booze for good. Any good no alcohol (0.05% for the pedants) recommendations? Becks Blue I know is ok. Went to Portugal a few years back and they had a great range, dark beers and all. I've heard the no alcohol versions are big in Germany now too. Also, any no alcohol wine recommendations also appreciated. Yet to find one that I'd buy again.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
erdinger do one, im sure that'll be nice. im often tempted to try it but when its only 50p or so less than the real thing, i cant resist the full fat version.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Just given up the booze for good. Any good no alcohol (0.05% for the pedants) recommendations? Becks Blue I know is ok. Went to Portugal a few years back and they had a great range, dark beers and all. I've heard the no alcohol versions are big in Germany now too. Also, any no alcohol wine recommendations also appreciated. Yet to find one that I'd buy again.

Why did you give up?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If you prefer bitter then Harveys do a couple.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Thanks, will check it out. Where did you find that?

I think I got it from a Tesco, seen it in a few supermarkets.

I've just noticed your 0.05% limit - despite being called 'Alkoholfrei' the Erdinger is actually 0.5%abv.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I think I got it from a Tesco, seen it in a few supermarkets.

I've just noticed your 0.05% limit - despite being called 'Alkoholfrei' the Erdinger is actually 0.5%abv.

Thanks. I don't intend to stick to a strict 0.05% so that's not a problem. I notice quite a few breweries are doing low abv beers now, around the 2.5%, especially since the duty regs changed.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Why did you give up?

Health reasons; dodgy thyroid, palpitations after a moderate 3 or 4 pints and occassional angina-like chest pains after heavier sessions during the early hours. Also get occassional sleep apneoa.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I have got a mate who drinks Kaliber Shandy.

He knows its weird but doesn't give a toss what people think

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I have got a mate who drinks Kaliber Shandy.

He knows its weird but doesn't give a toss what people think

Attitudes are definitely changing on that front. I have several mates and colleagues who only drink no/low alcohol beer, and believe me, if you looked at them you wouldn't pick them as non drinkers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here