Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grandson's first BHA game

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I'm having to be away for weekend, so my nearly 6yo grandson Olly will be sitting in my WSU seat today with his dad for his first game. Hope he gets the same result as I did with my first match in 1958. Best of luck to the Albion today , as the family tradition moves on to the next generation:blush:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I'm taking my 6 year old grandson to his first ever game today too! It's his reward for doing really well at school.

I have a feeling my bank balance will take a battering by the end of the day.

I really hope he sees lots of goals in the right net, or he may learn a few new swear words......

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
so my nearly 6yo grandson Olly will be sitting in my WSU seat today with his dad

Won't it be a bit cramped with two people in one seat?

My 8yo grandson is going for his third game (won at Pompey last season, beat Derby this season). Hoping to keep his 100% record.
Daughter also going (her first game since 26.4.97)

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I'm taking my 6 year old grandson to his first ever game today too! It's his reward for doing really well at school.

I have a feeling my bank balance will take a battering by the end of the day.

I really hope he sees lots of goals in the right net, or he may learn a few new swear words......

Hope he has a great afternoon and begs to go again

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
He will never support another after a 6 - 1 win, Seagull for life now. Better gets his ticket sorted for next year.
Remember my boys first game lost 1 - 2 to Blackpool 95-96 season he became a Chelsea fan :-(

Noldi

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another hooked on the first cast :)

Indeed. Some expectation management will be required now; otherwise "Daddy, Daddy, that was boring...we only smashed _________ 5-0."

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Jamie had a great time, once he got over the noise "28000" fans were making. I made sure I took him into the ground around 2.15 when it was pretty empty so he could get a proper look and the noise wouldn't freak him out at 2.45.

The "wow" that came out of his mouth bought back the memories of the first time I saw the Amex on the inside. Although I still get that feeling when I walk to my seat I will never get the same feeling I had the first time, so to live that vicariously through him bought it all back.

His mum gave him some ear-plugs, which he wore for the first-half, but he was still quite shocked by the noise when Buckley curled in that shot on 7mins!

He thought the game was over at half-time, but I managed to keep him ticking along till 75mins, when the drink ran out, and he started to ask about leaving. Finally left around 84 mins, as I wanted to make sure we got a bus back, so missed the 6th goal.

I am sure that I will now be bugged by him to get a shirt and take him back again, will also have his brother begging to go too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here