Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gutted at not going back to Brighton, but...

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
We were looking forward to our return this season as last season (August 2011) we had a brilliant time. Met loads of ace Brighton fans and people, good drink after the match in the home end stand opposite the away end and even stayed in touch through facebook with a couple of Brighton fans.

However things have gone wrong recently. The big lad Marc (in the video) lost his wife 2 weeks ago. She died aged 27 and we are gutted for him and her family. He shared our hotel room, some of you will remember him. Big lad having banter with the Brighton kids after the match and on the train.
Then last Sunday, the driver my best mate fell off a ladder and broke his leg in 5 places and he was the driver. Brighton trip cancelled!

Anyway, this video has a good 2 minutes of Brighton half way through and also a picture of Marc and his wife at Coventry :(

Hope to see Brighton in the Premier League as you deserve it. Great fans, friendly, Premier League ground, been through hard times etc and as I said, we met loads and loads of ace Brighton fans during our weekend stay. The only unfriendly Brighton fans I came across were posters on this site!

Hope you enjoy my video of Blackpool fans all over England. See if you can guess the grounds and best of luck after tomorrow.

Blackpool FC away days - YouTube

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I remember that afternoon well, spoilt a little by veteran 'poacher' Kevin Phillips!

Sorry about the loss of your mates wife, so young.

We were getting used to the large crowds and new park n ride system, and shared buses with many fans wearing the tangerine. Blackpool fans were a friendly bunch, like the Doncaster fans in our first competitive game there a couple of weeks before.

I can't get your video to show on my ipad, but thanks for the kind words, and I hope you are competitive next season.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Cheers fella. Condolences on your mate's loss and the trip being cancelled (not really in the same league as a death, but still...)
We had an obnoxious Tangerine on here earlier http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?276492-Blackpool-fan-in-peace so it's a welcome change of pace to read your message.

I do have some personal fondness for Blackpool (the club, not the town) as I used to live there and know you've been stuck with the lovely Mr Oyston for years now.
Good luck next season and hope to see you at the right end of the division in future. Below us though, obviously :thumbsup:

Oh and whilst you're here: did you rate Stephen Dobbie? He's not the most popular bloke with Albion or Palace fans at present.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Cheers fella. Condolences on your mate's loss and the trip being cancelled (not really in the same league as a death, but still...)
We had an obnoxious Tangerine on here earlier http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?276492-Blackpool-fan-in-peace so it's a welcome change of pace to read your message.

I do have some personal fondness for Blackpool (the club, not the town) as I used to live there and know you've been stuck with the lovely Mr Oyston for years now.
Good luck next season and hope to see you at the right end of the division in future. Below us though, obviously :thumbsup:

Oh and whilst you're here: did you rate Stephen Dobbie? He's not the most popular bloke with Albion or Palace fans at present.

Dobbies doing a fine job for Palace lol

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Great pictures and a lovely lady. Hope your mate is ok. It happened to me 13 years ago. I know it is a cliché but you don't forget although it does get easier. Enjoy the game tomorrow, but obviously not too much!

We were looking forward to our return this season as last season (August 2011) we had a brilliant time. Met loads of ace Brighton fans and people, good drink after the match in the home end stand opposite the away end and even stayed in touch through facebook with a couple of Brighton fans.

However things have gone wrong recently. The big lad Marc (in the video) lost his wife 2 weeks ago. She died aged 27 and we are gutted for him and her family. He shared our hotel room, some of you will remember him. Big lad having banter with the Brighton kids after the match and on the train.
Then last Sunday, the driver my best mate fell off a ladder and broke his leg in 5 places and he was the driver. Brighton trip cancelled!

Anyway, this video has a good 2 minutes of Brighton half way through and also a picture of Marc and his wife at Coventry :(

Hope to see Brighton in the Premier League as you deserve it. Great fans, friendly, Premier League ground, been through hard times etc and as I said, we met loads and loads of ace Brighton fans during our weekend stay. The only unfriendly Brighton fans I came across were posters on this site!

Hope you enjoy my video of Blackpool fans all over England. See if you can guess the grounds and best of luck after tomorrow.

Blackpool FC away days - YouTube

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Condolences to your mate.
Sorry to hear about your drivers problems, but if he's broken his leg in five places, maybe he should stop going to them!
good luck for next season, you've a good manager who I'm sure will take you where you want to go.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Send my condolences to Marc been through the same so know how he feels

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Gutted for your mates' loss. Far too young.
That leg sounds in a mess. Broken in 5places. Bloody hell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here