Northumberland
Just started if you're in the mood for a comedy classic. :thumbsup:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Just started if you're in the mood for a comedy classic. :thumbsup:

Still holds up this film. Love it!

I re-watched the 1985 Val Kilmer spoof Top Secret again the other day for the first time in over 20 years and sadly...............it was shit and rather painful to watch.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Still holds up this film. Love it!

I re-watched the 1985 Val Kilmer spoof Top Secret again the other day for the first time in over 20 years and sadly...............it was shit and rather painful to watch.

Top Secret relies mainly on visual gags for humour - magnifying glass-enlarged eye, platform moving away from train, cows walking into binocular silhouette etc. With Airplane the script and performances were as top notch as the visual gags whereas Top Secret was more of a one-trick pony.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Top Secret relies mainly on visual gags for humour - magnifying glass-enlarged eye, platform moving away from train, cows walking into binocular silhouette etc. With Airplane the script and performances were as top notch as the visual gags whereas Top Secret was more of a one-trick pony.

Indeed. I did enjoy the always wounded'' Latrine!!'' making an entrance though, and Chocolate Mousse in the wrestling ring. :moo:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

However, the moment when the messenger walks to the map table surrounded by bigwigs and hands over the note reading " The American spy has escaped... awaiting orders " is brilliant.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
"...by the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

:lolol: :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Personally, I still love top secret.

"How do we know he's not mel torme"

-and this is déjà vu
-haven't we met before?

I know a little German, look he's over there

-You see, a year ago, I was close to perfecting the first magnetic desalinization process so revolutionary, it was capable of removing the salt from over 500 million gallons of seawater a day. Do you realize what that could mean to the starving nations of the earth?
-Wow. They'd have enough salt to last forever.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
"we gotta get this women to a hospital.....a hospital, was is it? it's a large building with lots of patients but that's not important now"

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Airplane is so funny it's not fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here