Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keeping up with scores on the final day

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So there's no wi-fi and no mobile web access at the Amex, how are we going to keep up with what's happening elsewhere? Anyone got an old transistor radio? (perhaps this should be posted in the 'match days when you were young' thread!)

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
We've had a thread on this. My suggestion is designating the person nearest the exit to run to and from the concourse every 5 minutes to provide updates, they could hold up signs showing the scores, alternatively the club could do what they've done before and flash scores on the big screens every now and then

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Mobile web access has got a lot better, mine works nicely now, as does most people around me it seems.

Ironically I can never seem to get a radio signal inside the Amex.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I don't really have issues with internet on my phone, so usually check the scores. Also, notified the people next to me and in front of the Grand National winner as none of them could get it but wanted to know.

D

Deleted member 18477

We've had a thread on this. My suggestion is designating the person nearest the exit to run to and from the concourse every 5 minutes to provide updates, they could hold up signs showing the scores, alternatively the club could do what they've done before and flash scores on the big screens every now and then

i'd rather the other scores were on the scoreboard the whole game instead of the team line-up.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I get 3G ( on the 3 network) at my seat in the west stand, Sky Football Score Centre does the rest.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Mobile web access has got a lot better, mine works nicely now, as does most people around me it seems.

Still can't get any at all (Vodafone) - it only starts working again about 6pm after most people have left!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I've never been able to get internet access at the Amex so I'll just get someone to text me any important scores.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Won't internet access be much worse on the final day tho? Everyone will be checking the scores, the network will be overloaded.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm sure scores will filter through from different parts of the ground, i expect a big cheer if theres one game and the result is going our way.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe Gully can stand at the at the end of the North East access tunnel waving a big Green flag for good news, or a Red one for bad news ???

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Is this a time warp? Phones have built in radios these days. Jeez.

Only FM - which I suppose means you can get Radio Sussex if you can rely on them to keep scores updated. 5Live is only on medium wave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here