Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A complete dreamers thread. How would YOU spend £25m in the prem.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ok, ok. Before we start, I KNOW someone will say or think "Seriously Mejona, you bloody Silly Sausage. We aren't even in the PLAYOFFS yet, let alone in a position to think about our targets"

Also, I know people will criticise the value I set of £25m, but I'm basing that on what Cardiff's owner said he will give the manager (which is ironic, as the first rule is DON'T tell anyone what your budget is).

So, here's the question. If we were fortunate to go up this year, and the wonderful Mr Bloom gave YOU as manager £25m, who are the players you would target. Of course this is massivly open to your valuation of players but I would be keen to see what sort of player you would target. Maybe you would try and do a Norwich and handpick a championship team? Or would you go BIG like Southampton and get a £10MILLIONER in?

Again, this is what YOU would do and who YOU would target. Not Gus.

This is the equivalent of playing Football manager and just 'holidaying' up to the transfer window which is the FUN BIT.

It's FIRDAY. GO!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well Cardiff want Bridge and Van Dijk ( allegedly ) for a start.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
a young GK to cover Kusz
Bridge
a CB (Van Dijk)
another CM
at least one more Striker.

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Tricky one! I reckon a minimum of a midfielder to go with Bridcutt - possibly Ramsey from Arsenal? A class central defender Van Dijk? And a great foil for Ulloa - I dunno a Dzeko or a find like Michu?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ok, I've had a play with the 25m figure. This is 3 images, which represents 1 spreadsheet. It's all guesswork in terms of salaries, but it gives an idea as to the level if changes i'd expect.

1st image - players Out & In.
Prem 1.JPG

2nd image - changes in 1st team Salary Levels
Prem 2.JPG

3rd Image - DS Squad Salaries - no idea about this.
Prem 3.JPG

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If anyone has more realistic figures for current weekly pay levels I can adjust the sheet.

Also, how can I embed a spreadsheet on here?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Rhodes: 5m
Ince: 8m
Lampard: FREE
Bridge: FREE

Plus loads of young FLAIR from Spain or AFRICA.

OR

Offer Ashley Barnes £500k a week

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If anyone has more realistic figures for current weekly pay levels I can adjust the sheet.

Also, how can I embed a spreadsheet on here?

I think DS squad would be on quite a bit lower than you think. Based on FM anyway (which IS pretty accurate before anyone says ah it's just a game) DS squads are usually on much much lower wages than first teamers. More like £800-£1000 each.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I imagine it would all be pissed away on wages. Prem average wage about 600k higher than champ, for a squad of 25 thats 15m gone straight away. The other 10m will get a champ striker, a prem-class midfielder and a couple of cheaper defenders - a young potential and an old experienced one. Rhodes, ?, dutch defender and bridge? Rhodes might be too expensive / in-demand however

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Lionel Messi's left leg..... should ensure us a place in Europe.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Actually, what am I thinking? I want pure FLAIR in my Albion Prem team. We may go straight down, but we would do so playing the most expansive, free-flowing soccerball ever seen:

Ince
Rhodes
Arshavin
BRAMBLE
Kieron Dyer
Brunt

FLAIR

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I would personally expect more of a £15m spending spree than £25m. Cardiff's owner has already proven willing to splash out in the Championship. TB would be more likely, in my opinion, to be more prudent.

However, first order of business should be to sign up Bridge and Upson permenantly. Both have been very key players.
We would probably need another CB as while Greer and El Abd have been brilliant for the club, they are likely to be found out in the prem.

Next I reckon we should steal Granero off QPR. They look relegation destined and he is a neat midfielder.
Possibly Andros Townsend as a winger . . always rated him.
All that would be left would be a striker, and I rate 'Riki' from Depotivo (I think). Out of contract in summer.

With developing the club's infrastructure I feel we shouldn't overreach ourselves in the prem.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Firstly I'm going to pick off the WEAK who have been relegated and those FLOUNDERING in the Championship.

I'll take a striker to be backup for Ulloa. That's right. It's his time to return:

Bobby Z £2.5M
One more? Ok. Adam Le Fondre £3m or Lukaku on a season loan.

Thats my strikers sorted. I need a little more flair in midfield.

Hey Spurs, Can I borrow Andros Townsend for a season? Cheers mate.

£19.5 m left. What do I want? A commanding centre back? Yeah, go on then:
Robert Huth (Stoke relegated) £4m. Actually I'll have Charlie Adam in there to replace Hammond for another £3m on top.

£12.5 left. I want another solid midfielder to backup Bridders. I'll go Trotter for £2m(lazy choice, i know)
£10.5 left. Let's give that all to Man city and seal a double swoop for Scott Sinclair and Micah Richards.

Thanks.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Assuming wages are not part of the £25m

Upson - Free
Bridge - Free
Van Dijk - £3m
Elliott Bennett - £3m
Le Fondre - £5m
Kelvin Davis - Free
Johnny Williams - 6m