Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet: Barnes is lucky to get another chance [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Poyet: Barnes is lucky to get another chance[/h]9:00am Friday 19th April 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2415162.jpg
Ashley Barnes can resurrect his Albion career after a long ban
ASHLEY Barnes has been labelled “lucky” for getting the chance to resurrect his Albion career.
The striker returns to the squad against Blackpool at The Amex tomorrow after serving a seven-match suspension for trying to trip referee Nigel Miller at Bolton last month.
The play-off chasing Seagulls had already lost top scorer Craig Mackail-Smith and Will Hoskins to injuries for the season when Barnes was red carded in consecutive away appearances, which left Leo Ulloa as the only senior striker available.
Boss Gus Poyet, right, told The Argus: “I think he is lucky, because if Macca and Will Hoskins were fit and doing all right he would have no chance to come back, simple as that, so he is very lucky.
“I hope he uses that luck for the good of the team and that means perform and don’t do anything silly, then he will help us and we will help him like we always do.
“I am sure he is fresh and desperate to play and to give something for what has been a few difficult weeks for him and for the team as well.”
Albion have kept their promotion challenge on course in the absence of Barnes, climbing to fourth with Tuesday’s fourth draw in five games at Peterborough.
Ulloa was exhausted by the final whistle at London Road and Poyet is pleased to have Barnes back as cover.
He said: “Leo on Tuesday in the last ten minutes was gone physically. He was very important for us, for example from corners against us, and if you have Ash on the bench you know you can rely on that.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here