Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool fan in peace

nobcheese26

Apr 18, 2013
Hi, well done with your season so far, personally i didn't really expect you to be 4th in the table considering how poor I thought you were at our place but there you go its a strange league, I think were in a false position too imo. Im travelling down to Brighton for first time, what are the closest pubs to the ground? Ive heard its a pig to get in and out of the ground with massive queues etc but the stadium itself is very nice.

Lets hope for a good game, as its a long journey down. We have been playing quite well recently too. A win will make sure we cant go down.:clap2::clap2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
personally i didn't really expect you to be 4th in the table considering how poor I thought you were at our place
Difficult to judge on one game. I expected us to be there. We were 5th with a handful of games to go last season, and we've got a much better squad this year.

I think were in a false position too imo.
You think you should be lower?
what are the closest pubs to the ground?
The Swan.
Ive heard its a pig to get in and out of the ground with massive queues etc but the stadium itself is very nice.
It's not that bad really. Just don't expect to park there.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hi, well done with your season so far, personally i didn't really expect you to be 4th in the table considering how poor I thought you were at our place but there you go its a strange league, I think were in a false position too imo. Im travelling down to Brighton for first time, what are the closest pubs to the ground? Ive heard its a pig to get in and out of the ground with massive queues etc but the stadium itself is very nice.

Lets hope for a good game, as its a long journey down. We have been playing quite well recently too. A win will make sure we cant go down.:clap2::clap2:

Interesting choice of name i'm assuming your about 17 ...take the train and it shudnt be too bad..especially if u hang around for a pint of orange juice after...what do u think of Ince so far

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently it takes no longer to get away from The Amex than Arsenal Chelsea Tottenham etc as regards queueing for trains. We do have the added bonus that you can stay and have a drink and let the queue die down after the game.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Swan has been home fans only whenever I've been on a Saturday. If you get there and it is, your only option will be drinking in the ground.

A safer bet is the pubs by Brighton station, or in Lewes.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The Swan has been home fans only whenever I've been on a Saturday. If you get there and it is, your only option will be drinking in the ground.

A safer bet is the pubs by Brighton station, or in Lewes.

100% - Home fans only. Don't come over cos when they don't let you in there's not another boozer for miles. As above go into Brighton or Lewes

nobcheese26

Apr 18, 2013
:S we should be in a higher position, we battered you at our place, dont know how we didnt win that game. If its the same game tomorrow, we will defo win.

Tommy Ince well what can you say..:bowdown: the boy is a genius, i hope he produces it tomorrow.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I wouldn't say the ground is a pig to get out of.

Instead of walking 15 minutes across wasteland, and past some scummy terrace houses back to town, you wait 15minutes or so to get on a train to take you to glorious Brighton.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Not sure you will mix the right emotions though by suggesting we are in a false position. To be fair, we have been between 1st and 9th all season, and very similar last season. For most fans, it would be a massive achievement (still) to make the play offs.

But with a sold out ground every week and the investment in the club, some pundits have actually suggested we have under achieved.

Regarding your own 'false' position. To be fair, in's about in the mix with the others in this league who fail to get the gates required to support their team. The lower half of the table, along with the likes of Peterborough, Barnsley and Blackburn who have similar gates, might be where it is at for you lot.

Getting to the ground is easy. Assuming you are coming from London, you will probably arrive in Brighton. From here it's a 9 minute train ride to Falmer. If you catch the train to Falmer before 2pm, you will walk right on with no more than a 5 minute wait. Much after you may have to wait a bit longer.

Your train ticket from Brighton to Falmer (or Park and Ride / Bus) is included with your ticket for the game. If you have not bought your train ticket to Brighton yet, just buy one for as far as Haywards Heath - it's covered from there on the ticket.

Get to the ground nice and early though. The pies are great. There will be a good choice of beer and in our tradition of welcoming our visitors, we will have even got in a local beer to Blackpool.

After the game: If you leave bang on the whistle and run like hell to the station, you may get right on a train. If you clap your players off the pitch (like a good fan) and have a pee and a leisurely stroll down, you will hit the station at peak time and may have to wait 15-30 minutes if you are unlucky with timings.

Best idea though is to stay behind and have a beer. Your south stand concourse will remain open, but you will also be welcomed into any other concourse - even the lively north stand.

The closest pub to the ground is the Swan, although I am not sure of their policy on away fans. Best bet is to get into Brighton and there is a choice by the station. I go to the Bell, which is usually home only, but others should be able to tell you ones where you will be welcome.

But, again, best get to the ground. If there is a lunchtime game on Sky, it will also be shown on the concourse.

You have always been a good natured lot - hope you have fun tomorrow too.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Hardly peace is it! You've told us our team is crap and in a false position, the ground is a nightmare and you hope we lose!

Well I hope you have a shit journey down, you have to queue for ages and miss kick off, the food kiosk runs out of pies and beers and your team gets gubbed!

****ing northeners! How can you give it the biggun when you live in Blackpool?!?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:S we should be in a higher position
The league doesn't lie.
we battered you at our place, dont know how we didnt win that game.
Indeed, we were lucky to get a point. So what, that was one game, we're normally a lot better.
If its the same game tomorrow, we will defo win.
Surely if it's the same tomorrow it'll be a draw :shrug:
Tommy Ince well what can you say..:bowdown: the boy is a genius
Yep, looking forward to seeing him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
:S we should be in a higher position, we battered you at our place, dont know how we didnt win that game. If its the same game tomorrow, we will defo win.

Tommy Ince well what can you say..:bowdown: the boy is a genius, i hope he produces it tomorrow.

You are aware we haven't lost at home since December 29th aren't you? We're very much a different side at home, than away from home.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here