Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Audio books

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Does anyone out there ever listen to audio books?

I only ask as I got roped into the night shift this week at work and I'm struggling to keep alert, I would normally listen to the radio but the machines I'm running are really heavy on the electric and the interference is playing havoc with the radio signal:down:

My question is, is it worth downloading to my iPhone so I still have something to keep me occupied?

Can anyone recommend any good authors or books to listen to, I'm not generally a reading type of person and usually only read on holiday when I can read a book a day.

I've enjoyed Robert Ludlum and have heard good things about Peter James, can anyone recommend a title? I've been looking but don't want to pick one that is mid way through a series, like I have done with James Patterson before!!!

Cheers

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If you're a cricket fan and can find Robin Bailey reading Peter Tinniswood's 'Brigadier' books then I can recommend nothing finer :thumbsup:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I was going to, decided on my book, bought it on iTunes, paid, then got told because its over 50mb I need to use wifi, which I don't have access to here at work, or use my computer and download to my iTunes.

So that's my idea scuppered for tonight then:censored::censored:

DanielT

I was going to, decided on my book, bought it on iTunes, paid, then got told because its over 50mb I need to use wifi, which I don't have access to here at work, or use my computer and download to my iTunes.

So that's my idea scuppered for tonight then:censored::censored:

Audio books are great. Can take a bit of getting used to but soon you'll be looking for ways to keep listening.

Audible (owned by amazon) would be my recommendation. Subscribed for ages. £7.99 for 1 book a month or £15 for 2.

Peter James books are great to listen to

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here