Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Oatway football talk - Hassocks Hotel pub 7.30pm tonight

Do I not like that

Apr 18, 2013
Charlie Oatway is hosting a Football Forum with MOTD commentator Jonathan Pearce this evening (Thurs) 7.30pm at the Hassocks pub BN6 8HN. (next to station)

Tickets on sale at the door (function room): £6.50 adults £4 for kids.

Parking available. Licensed bar in the function room.

All welcome. Sorry for the late notice.

All proceeds in aid of Hassocks Juniors FC.

Many thanks.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Does Oatway know anything about football? I thought he was just a thug when he played. Only ever had one good match against the Pompey Coke-head called Merson.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Presumably you believe you know a little about football. Do you reckon you know more than him?

No, but I way never a professional footballer, and certainly would hot expect people to pay to hear me talk about it. Maybe he will talk about chasing around trying to kick players, but being too slow to get anywhere near them?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No, but I way never a professional footballer, and certainly would hot expect people to pay to hear me talk about it. Maybe he will talk about chasing around trying to kick players, but being too slow to get anywhere near them?

If you're trying to be funny, stop. You're not succeeding.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

One might have limitations as a player, albeit not enough to scupper a long professional career, but that doesn't mean that his knowledge of football relates to his personal ability.

I would certainly prefer to listen to Oatway than Lineker, Lawrenson, John Barnes et al.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
Was it a sell out? Quite a few of us live in Hassocks and from what I understand not one of us knew anything about it. No posters in the village, or at the pub. First mention half an hour before the start.....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

If i didn't know better, i might think that you were jealous of someone who has made a good life for themselves and is popular and amusing when speaking

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Charlie Oatway is hosting a Football Forum with MOTD commentator Jonathan Pearce this evening (Thurs) 7.30pm at the Hassocks pub BN6 8HN. (next to station)

Tickets on sale at the door (function room): £6.50 adults £4 for kids.

Parking available. Licensed bar in the function room.

All welcome. Sorry for the late notice.

All proceeds in aid of Hassocks Juniors FC.

Many thanks.

Was it any good?
What did you learn?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Ex-combative midfielders shouldn't be allowed to manage, coach, be pundits, or even talk about football.

Just those ex-players, for whom a committee chaired by PorkPie have determined, use to be highly skilled and fast.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here