Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket prices if we go up

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone any idea what will happen?

The club have already said that prices will go up if we are in the Premier League. Does this mean lump sum payers will be required to make an extra payment? I assume D/D payers will just have their monthly charge increased.... but what if you decide you can't afford the increase - will there be an option to cancel?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Anyone any idea what will happen?

The club have already said that prices will go up if we are in the Premier League. Does this mean lump sum payers will be required to make an extra payment? I assume D/D payers will just have their monthly charge increased.... but what if you decide you can't afford the increase - will there be an option to cancel?

They'd struggle under contract law to force you to pay the higher price rather than back out !

That said, the club have said you can decide not to buy if there is a price increase.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I've said this a thousand times if we do go up the price will have already gone up because there's only 19 games instead of 23 so I don't know why the club don't just say for this season season tickets will stay the same regardless of what division

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've said this a thousand times if we do go up the price will have already gone up because there's only 19 games instead of 23 so I don't know why the club don't just say for this season season tickets will stay the same regardless of what division

And there up for next season anyway

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I was surprised when they said on Tuesday, that Cardiff have already sold out of season tickets, they have obviously kept their prices the same.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
They'd struggle under contract law to force you to pay the higher price rather than back out !

That said, the club have said you can decide not to buy if there is a price increase.

edit .ignore. meant to quote T Soprano

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I was surprised when they said on Tuesday, that Cardiff have already sold out of season tickets, they have obviously kept their prices the same.

I'm guessing those that sent their previous season tickets back in protest might be feeling a little left out now !

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Because they have the option to increase the prices even further. Prem Season tickets are very high and the demand will be there should some people not renew.

There is a thread about this that was raised a few days ago.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Because they have the option to increase the prices even further. Prem Season tickets are very high and the demand will be there should some people not renew.

There is a thread about this that was raised a few days ago.

Edited for muppetry :p

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
My point was that under the law, an agreement is made at a certain price for the service, should the price increase the club would have no option but to allow you to cancel the agreement.

Sorry, i meant to respond to T Soprano. You are correct. I couldn't edit in time. Have now.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yeah, the club are implying they will increases prices further despite there being less games in a season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
ST prices would have to rise to reflect matchday ticket prices. Think the cheapest matchday seat will be £40

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
And not just the price of the ticket that will rise, pies, beers and tea & coffee will all go up too.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

With the best will in the world I really don't think an increase of about £3.50 per match is going to cover the increased costs of being in the Premiership.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
And not just the price of the ticket that will rise, pies, beers and tea & coffee will all go up too.

Why? The product will be the same.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1901 prices will remain the same as they have been for the last two years for the next three apparently. Could there be a scenario, should we go up, that some other season tickets will end up being more expensive than current 1901s??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here