Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Freaks

Cat Fish

May 16, 2012
Central brighton
rool read this few months ago - did a bit of digging about them - they were treated terribly and were effectively slaves for most of their lives but one a high profile court case to gain feedom (they were worth millions by todays standards I think. Raised by the landlady of The Evening Star in Surry St I think? HAd a musical written about them called sideshow which won some Tonys on Broadway. They have a bus or buses named after them I think!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
rool read this few months ago - did a bit of digging about them - they were treated terribly and were effectively slaves for most of their lives but one a high profile court case to gain feedom (they were worth millions by todays standards I think. Raised by the landlady of The Evening Star in Surry St I think? HAd a musical written about them called sideshow which won some Tonys on Broadway. They have a bus or buses named after them I think!

Yes, thanks, quite interesting really.

Cat Fish

May 16, 2012
Central brighton
rool read this few months ago - did a bit of digging about them - they were treated terribly and were effectively slaves for most of their lives but won a high profile court case to gain feedom (they were worth millions by todays standards I think). Raised by the landlady of The Queens Head and then The Evening Star in Surry St I think who was the midwife at the birth? They were born in Riley Road. Had a musical written about them called sideshow which won some Tonys on Broadway. They have a bus or buses named after them I think!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

Attachments

• dandvhilton.jpg
    dandvhilton.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 133

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne