Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton - Ready for the Premier League.

IMO we should have got an automatic promotion spot this season with the style of football we play and the squad we have. However, I would say that whoever goes up this year will have an almighty struggle to stay in the Prem.

Having seen all home games and some away no-one has impressed me - certainly no team this year is as strong as Reading, Southampton & West Ham were last season. Should we go up we would need some serious spending to strengthen the squad, YET our style of footie would see us have an outside chance of survival.

On another note we would also need to expand the Amex to cope with our Prem plastics :albion2:

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Clearly spent months writing this article and probably supports Chelsea.... no mention of Bridge, Pig, or Bridcutt... oh well onwards we go...... Won't count for anything until we secure the playoffs. UTA

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's flattering and correct in it's simplest form but it's clear he's not seen a whole lot of us

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Our biggest challenge is getting out of this league. If we do go up and Poyet is around or he leaves and we keep the style of football cultivated over the past 3 1/2 seasons then we'll actually prosper in the Premiership. You do get more time to play up there and that will suit us.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Seems like the author doesn't totally know about us, to be honest - it's a flattering write-up but picking Hammond & Crofts and labelling them as giving stability without mentioning Bridcutt & PIG is a weird one.

Like my school reports: showed potential, but lacks application.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Seems like the author doesn't totally know about us, to be honest - it's a flattering write-up but picking Hammond & Crofts and labelling them as giving stability without mentioning Bridcutt & PIG is a weird one.

Like my school reports: showed potential, but lacks application.

If you deserve to go up you finish 1st or 2nd.
Finishing 3rd to 6th you get a second bite, so we deserved to be 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th.
We deserve to go up if we stay in and win the play offs, we don't if we do not.
It's a points system you know.:mad:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's flattering and correct in it's simplest form but it's clear he's not seen a whole lot of us
I think that's being generous.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Finishing 3rd to 6th you get a second bite, so we deserved to be 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th.
Decades of mystery unravelled.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Fascinating, truly mind expanding. Not sure how it's relevant though.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

He's a smoggie so he's probably only seen us twice. I thought it was a reasonable write-up from someone who doesn't support us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here