Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Untouchable (film)

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
What a great film, has anyone else seen this?, if you haven't watch it.

image.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's alright, just a shame they had to use a black actor to portray the real life Arabic carer for fear it wouldn't get financial backing/using an Arabic character would affect box office takings.

Wickerman

Aug 24, 2011
Horam
It's an amazing film. Even my 17 year old son who is quite picky was mesmerised from the off despite it being subtitled and siad it was the best film he's ever seen!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's an amazing film. Even my 17 year old son who is quite picky was mesmerised from the off despite it being subtitled and siad it was the best film he's ever seen!!

Kirsten Scott Thomas recently made the point that subtitles are becoming less of a detracting for younger people as the Internet with Facebook and twitter and all that social media, and with texts etc. the written word is becoming the most common way for people to communicate. So subtitles are less likely to put people off these days.

As for untouchable, I liked it.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

Same thing! I watched it with my son and his mate both of whom would never consider watching a sub-titled film and both felt it was one of the best films they have seen.
It's both very funny and thought provoking. Absolute quality, and it had me laughing out loud on several occasions.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Being aspiring middle class cultural snobs who love foreign cinema, my missus and I rarely watch anything that isn't subtitled and I do struggle with people who struggle with reading subtitles, it's not that much of a chore really is it?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Being aspiring middle class cultural snobs who love foreign cinema, my missus and I rarely watch anything that isn't subtitled and I do struggle with people who struggle with reading subtitles, it's not that much of a chore really is it?

It's a bit like watching some Shakespeare, for the first 15mins or so you can't connect with the dialogue very well, however the brain quickly attunes to it. Same with subtitles, first 10mins or so you are aware you are reading, however once into the film you generally forget you're doing it. In my experience anyway!

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
It's alright, just a shame they had to use a black actor to portray the real life Arabic carer for fear it wouldn't get financial backing/using an Arabic character would affect box office takings.

I thought that at the end when you see the real people and sad to say it probably wouldn't of done as well if the guy was played by an Arab.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
In the same vein I would recommend to anyone watching "Like Stars on Earth" or Taare Zameen Par (orginal title), a film about a child with dyslexia. There was some controversy after it failed to receive the same level of plaudits as Slumdog Millionaire, both released in the same year thought mostly to be because it was Indian made rather than British made.

Not for people who don't like musical sequences though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here