Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Texas explosions

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
They said firefighters were tackling a blaze before the explosions occured so may not be terrorist related, unless it was started deliberately either as a diversion or knowing.it would cause an explosion.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Bombs are often made from fertilizer.
The date suggests something fishy going on though

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I would be looking for the Boston Bomber in west Texas. I do hope it's not deliberate but coincidences like this?.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
As tomorrow is the anniversary of Waco and Oklahoma, hmm too early to say anything. But if it was terrorism

Early reports of lots injured at fertilizer plant

I'm thinking its related, I honestly believe it could also be related to the Boston bombing. But we'll see.

I would be looking for the Boston Bomber in west Texas. I do hope it's not deliberate but coincidences like this?.

My guess would be oklahoma, next.

Boston - due to the Boston tea party protest on patriots days.
Waco - tomorrow's the anniversary (could be a coincidence, however)
Oklahoma - Timothy McVeigh's revenge in 1995.

But it really could be a coincidence.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
bad news

why does this get so much more coverage than 40 + deaths in Iran earthquake though.

Agree with the sentiment but I would imagine it's because the media outlets in the UK and the US probably share more information with each other.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Iran has a degree of culpability because they keep throwing journalists in jail.....

" Iran 'arrests 11 journalists with foreign contacts'

The BBC recently accused Iran of intimidating the families of its Persian service staff.

Related Stories
Iran 'intimidating BBC journalists'

Iran has arrested 11 journalists accused of co-operating with foreign Persian-language media organisations, according to local media reports.

Seven men and four women working for six different media outlets were reportedly detained late on Sunday.

Tehran considers hostile organisations such as the BBC's Persian service and the US-based Voice of America (VOA). "

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
bad news

why does this get so much more coverage than 40 + deaths in Iran earthquake though.

Why do people always bring up this silly argument when it's an American tragedy? I just had a look back at what was posted on NSC around the time of the Norwegian massacres. Funnily enough no-one (including you Napper) was moaning that other tragedies were going relatively unreported although in July alone the number of deaths through terrorism was as follows:

55 Iraq
76 Afghanistan
41 China
68 Pakistan
60 Yemen

It almost seems like people love to have a pop at America at every opportunity. Hmm....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here