Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another Perspective on the Run-In . . .

el punal

Since our season defining win against Palace it's interesting to see how the clubs in the mix have fared over the last six matches, and whether its an indicator of the pressure that they're under. The stats are :

Hull - 3 wins, 3 defeats : 9 points

Watford - 1 win, 2 draws, 3 defeats : 5 points

Albion - 2 wins, 4 draws : 10 points

Palace - 2 draws, 4 defeats : 2 points

Leicester - 1 win, 2 draws, 3 defeats : 5 points

Bolton - 3 wins, 3 defeats : 9 points

Forest - 1 win, 3 draws, 2 defeats : 6 points

Its amazing to think that the Albion are the form side based on those stats . Palace, prior to the match against us were 9 points above us!

When you consider it, there have been an awful lot of points dropped by all teams chasing promotion/play-offs.

So, the only conclusion is that the pressure is getting to everyone and the the team that holds its nerve is the one that will succeed - Albion I hope! :albion2:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Bolton - 3 wins, 3 defeats : 9 points

Its amazing to think that the Albion are the form side based on those stats.

True, but over 11 games, Bolton are on 8 wins, 3 defeats. You may be underplaying their hand.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It just proves not losing is almost as important as winning. (If you get what I mean, all hail the draw.)

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
True, but over 11 games, Bolton are on 8 wins, 3 defeats. You may be underplaying their hand.

On the other hand following a clutch of victories as highlighted by yourself, 3 losses in 6 games highlights some frailties in Boltons game in recent weeks & the possibility they may run out of steam. Personally I think they'll sneak 6th.

el punal

I agree, and Forest won 6? on the bounce. The exercise was to show a comparison of ALL teams over a defined period.

Anyway, what matters now is who performs over the next three games (Palace have four) - hopefully we will have another three!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
This with bells on. We win Forest & Bolton need 7 points from their three.

And Bolton have to go to Cardiff, and forest play Leicester on the final day.

I did the predictor thing BEFORE last night's game, and had us in the play offs getting 5 more points.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here