Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have you still not seen a game at the Amex stadium ?

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
i'm guessing some of the chaps on here from half way round the world might not have managed it yet. but if the people on here, who live in the UK, haven't been yet then they deserve a jolly good flogging.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
What's an Amex?

Heard its a card thing from the lads 'over the pond' that isn't accepted anywhere. 2 bob outfit. No one will remember them in a few years. A bit like those t shirts that changed colour when you got a sweat on.

Pointless

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
when I am feeling well enough

which I am afraid won't be anytime soon

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
I'm afraid I haven't. Busy most saturdays Aug through end Jan anyway.

Next season hopefully, although of we do go up I guess getting a ticket will be even harder.

oh, go on then, flog me!!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Flog me then. I'm hoping to go next season though.

I'm afraid I haven't. Busy most saturdays Aug through end Jan anyway.

Next season hopefully, although of we do go up I guess getting a ticket will be even harder.

oh, go on then, flog me!!

I was only interested as some people who post on here are living abroad, to ill or live to far away. But if you insist I don't mind a good flogging.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My wife was a season ticket holder for the first two seasons at Withers. She (and my daughter) are coming along for the first time on Saturday, sitting next to my son and I who have been STHs for the two seasons at t'Amex. :)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Haven't been since Brum last season (last home game). Left my job which had a 1901 allocation and couldn't agree terms to buy it off them. Now i'm self employed i can't afford it atm. Maybe soon.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I finally got over to the UK and to my first game this season.

Was an incredible moment walking up the steps into the stands for the first time.

Then the Watford team ran out.... :(

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I've managed to rack up 3 visits so far. Not sure I'm gonna be able to make it back for a 4th anytime soon. :(

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I finally got over to the UK and to my first game this season.

Was an incredible moment walking up the steps into the stands for the first time.

Then the Watford team ran out.... :(

I was there too, and I brought the Missus over for her first Amex experience. It pissed with rain, she spilt boiling hot Bovril on her lap and we got tonked. She put a brave face on it though.

Bless.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I was there too, and I brought the Missus over for her first Amex experience. It pissed with rain, she spilt boiling hot Bovril on her lap and we got tonked. She put a brave face on it though.

Bless.

haha, lovely stuff

Reminds me of taking my girlfriend (now wife) on our 2nd date. To the Withdean, in the drizzling rain.

I lent her a hat!

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
No chance to get to Amex yet. However I've got to about 10 away games in the 2 seasons since it opened. Last year it was too hard to get tickets and again this year I have found it impossible to plan given that you can only get tickets about 3 weeks before and it would mean coordinating a family trip with hotel room etc. The only realistic weekend for me was the palace game when i expected there to be no tickets. (Despite being a supporter for 30 years as an exile you cant build up a ticket profile) Frustratingly i realised too late tgat some tickets to the Palace fame did stay available for people with any attendance profile but by then it was too late to change plans. Seems as though it will be more difficult next year with fewer tickets available - whatever division we are in.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
haha, lovely stuff

Reminds me of taking my girlfriend (now wife) on our 2nd date. To the Withdean, in the drizzling rain.

I lent her a hat!

And after the game waiting to get on the train she wasn't impressed with the stewards telling us that the train was full and that we had to wait TWENTY minutes for the next one when there were people on the train who could clearly be seen using their iphones and breathing.

Those stewards need a little educational trip to Tokyo if they really want to know what a "full" train looks like.

oatsy

Aug 14, 2003
Currently living in Sydney but saw 3 games in 2 weeks when back last xmas. Amazing.

I have flights booked for August and I'm looking forward to some live premiere league action then!

tommyseagull

Jan 11, 2012
Unfortunately I haven't. My cousin has a season ticket and couldn't go when I was on holiday to England in October , I was very excited until I looked at train fairs from Norfolk (at the in laws) and couldn't even afford a ticket to the next station let alone Brighton! Planning on goin back again in October so this time I'm defiantly going. Used to go to withdean once a month back in the day and I've heard the Amex is supposed to be a bit bigger and quite pretty :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here