Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Popstars with footballer sons

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was thinking of an idea for my music blog and got wondering if the Palace player they've recalled from Plymouth, Jason Banton is the son of Pato. Can anyone confirm?

Other than that speculative suggestion are there any around? There was a bloke from Showaddywaddy, Trevor Oakes, who had two sons who played professional footie but that's as far as I've got.

If that really is it then there's no way I'm sticking either of those on my blog thankyou very much.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Wrong way round, but, didn't Enrique Inglasias's dad play in goal for Real Madrid, or is that an urban myth (like Bob Holness playing sax on Baker Street).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wrong way round, but, didn't Enrique Inglasias's dad play in goal for Real Madrid, or is that an urban myth (like Bob Holness playing sax on Baker Street).

Another 'wrong way round' is Gil Scott Heron. Not sure pop is the right term though.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I was thinking of an idea for my music blog and got wondering if the Palace player they've recalled from Plymouth, Jason Banton is the son of Pato. Can anyone confirm?

Other than that speculative suggestion are there any around? There was a bloke from Showaddywaddy, Trevor Oakes, who had two sons who played professional footie but that's as far as I've got.

If that really is it then there's no way I'm sticking either of those on my blog thankyou very much.

His son is Scott Oakes , whatever happened to him ?from what I recall he was supposed to be the next big thing.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I think that's true. There's lots of popstars who were footballers. Boybands are chocka full of them: Take That, Steps...that wannabe gangsta from So Solid Crew who played for Lewes(?) but I was going for the trickier approach.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
the Palace player they've recalled from Plymouth, Jason Banton is the son of Pato. Can anyone confirm?

Plymouth were glad to get rid of him. Apparently he was a clown. Always messin' around. He said it doesn't mean that he should have to leave town, but they weren't having it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was hoping someone could come up with a son of oh, I don't know...Aswad or Scritti Politti or Gorky's Zygotic Mynkey. It doesn't have to be a well-known band nor a well known player...anyone?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Plymouth were glad to get rid of him. Apparently he was a clown. Always messin' around. He said it doesn't mean that he should have to leave town, but they weren't having it.

Strange. He was nominated for player of the month for March. It sounds like he's another Leon Knight.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

A Plymouth player was having a not so thinly veiled pop at him on the bbc

Not a pop star though

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Yes it is true, but Julio Iglesias (the dad) was a singer and "international superstar" in his own right.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I was thinking of an idea for my music blog and got wondering if the Palace player they've recalled from Plymouth, Jason Banton is the son of Pato. Can anyone confirm?.

According to Wikipedia, Pato Banton's real name is Patrick Murray..... so probably not.

Although he could be Glenn's dad?

On second thoughts.....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Eddie Spearritt's niece is Hannah from S Club 7.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here