Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peterborough Away last night

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
That was an experience and a half. Being my first time there my only comparison was Dagenham away a few years back but all the same a pretty good experience.
Easy to Park, £18 on the door and the terrace standing is what most of us all still want- loved it. Only a slightly negative point Peterborough's home support was for me the worst I have experienced, they just didn't sing at all literally at the end when Crofts wiped out Tomlin who I might add is a quality player who would do wonders in our side.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Tomlin is a fat, moaning, niggly toss pot of a player who does have some ball control. No thanks.

alright calm down! He bossed the midfield for large periods of the game last night end of

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
On the radio last night the Posh support sounded vocal whereas the Albion support didn't really come across that much, possibly because of the location of microphones etc.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
alright calm down! He bossed the midfield for large periods of the game last night end of

Perfectly calm dear, just don't like the little weeble.

On the radio last night the Posh support sounded vocal whereas the Albion support didn't really come across that much, possibly because of the location of microphones etc.

Almost non-stop noise from the Albion fans last night (and if they report fewer than 1,700 away fans, I'd suggest they might have trousered a little of the gate money). Barely heard anything from the Posh fans - they were like shop dummies. Best away atmosphere for a while.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

That's would be right there must have been around 1500 of us there last night singing away. From where I was standing they were very quiet I was amazed as If anything I thought they would be well up for it

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
couldnt believe the actual gate numbers reported as we had probably 300ish in the main seating stand and it looked like a good 1500 behind the goal,although its always difficult to tell numbers when you are actually in the crowd itself

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Posh sounded quite loud from our seats near the half-way line.

BTW, it's amazing how much of the game took place behind the ONE pillar in our view!

How full did the away end look from the main stand ?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
No fecking beer in the ground:eek: (my liver thanks me) :drink:

I had a bit of dejavu (DICKS),when I went to get a hot dog at 6.30 only to be told they weren't ready yet----went back fifteen minutes later and the four woman just looked at each other--not a clue----how long does it take to heat water ???-----sake!

I thought we were very loud from start to finish with lots of songs/chants.
The Sunday League one aimed at the ref was quality.

We should have won at the end but due to Barnes punish: not being available, Ulloa had to stay on longer than he should have.

The coach we were on smelt like p##s:sick: and due to the roadworks,we didn't get back to Withdean till 2.30 ---12 hours round trip:ohmy:

Breesy1

Mar 14, 2013
London/Hove
The lack of beer is pretty annoying, quality away day though. Kind of a bonus being in this great league and doing to proper old school grounds.

Tomlin only ran a bit extra cos of the amount of stick he got. Sunday league stuff, like the ref!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I agree the Peterborough experience is a refreshingly uncomplicated throwback to when footie was played at 'grounds' not 'stadiums', plus no trouble parking, pleasant beer in the evening sun before the game on the riverbank at Charters, 5 min stroll to the Moys End terrace. No overbearing plod or stewards.

Tomlin however largely lived up to his reputation - from the kick off he committed a series of niggly challenges (especially on Bridders) and was then mouthy to the Ref. About the only decent thing the Ref did was to warn Tomlin who took no notice and to his credit the Ref yellow carded him almost immediately. Apart from a shove in the chest on Hammond that some Refs would have given a second card for Tomlin then concentrated on playing footie. I agree he looked ok (but no more - we just gave him a bit too much space at times). He had a series of free kicks on the edge of our box but don't recall any of them being on target. He looks ok in this Posh side but isn't good enough for us, we've moved on from his level.

Many Posh fans see him as their 'marmite' player (a bit like Ashley Barnes), talented but with a stubborn petulant streak.

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
great cathedral. cherry tree is a nice pub with nice beer and slow food. London Road is a throwback ground. We played pretty well. Thought Crofts got the ball. Good noise from the Albion last night. Home by 12:15.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here