Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want Palace to make the playoffs?

Do you want Palace to make the playoffs?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The chances are that they have probably done enough, but I would love them to fall out of them because I really don't want to end up playing them if we make the playoffs and if we don't get there I don't want them to have the chance of getting into the Premier League whilst we are left behind in the Championship.

I think we would probably beat them if we met them in the playoffs but the hurt if we didn't would be immense. Negative? Yes but I'm naturally a bit of a pessimist and can imagine the angst of losing better than the joy of winning.

I'd like to go into the playoffs not having to worry about Palace assuming thaat we get there, and the odds look pretty good for us getting there...at the moment.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Don't care really, but leaning towards No because we 100% get the bragging rights if not and there collapse will be slow and amusing rather than instant.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't care really, but leaning towards No because we 100% get the bragging rights if not and there collapse will be slow and amusing rather than instant.

Palace falling out of the picture in the final knockings, having looked so strong for so much of the season, would make it all the sweeter for us and all the more painful for them too. Even if neither of us made it.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Nooooooooooooooooo

Nothing would give me more pleasure than palarse season collapsing and them droping out of the top six.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Palace falling out of the picture in the final knockings, having looked so strong for so much of the season, would make it all the sweeter for us and all the more painful for them too. Even if neither of us made it.

Y, you're right .. watching them cling on then let go at the end to a home smashing by Posh is the stuff dreams are made of

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yep. Wouldn't it be great to have them in the final and beat them 3-1. Come on! Admit it. That would be oh so sweet.

You have to take the risks to get the big prizes. Come on Palace. Finish it the Top 6 and avoid us.

Of course, all this is immaterial. Neither of us is there yet. Come on Albion!

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Stupid question. Of course not. Would never want them to have a chance of getting to the premier league. Also if they collapse and don't take up a place our chances are much improved.

i think they've done enough already.

To be really safe we need 72 points. Then no one can push us into 7th regardless of the other results.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
I think a BHA/palace final would be bad for our clubs image and not great for football. We just don't get on and we have all seen in the last week how a few idiots can hurt all football fans (ref to millwall and newcastle)

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It would be really funny if they don't make the play-offs. It would be very funny if they were beat in the play-offs (semi's). It would also be very very funny if we beat them in the play-offs (final even better). I voted for I couldn't give a shit about them, ie don't care as long as we are there, thinking about it though, I should have said I want them there because that would mean a team on the decline and a rapidly increasing decline would be in the play-offs rather than someone on a winning run.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's just about us, forget everyone else ....

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
No. For Derby matches, form goes out the window, and to some extent I guess that applies to playoffs too. Sp wouldn't want to play them as it's just far too unpredictable. ANything could happen and losing to them in the playoffs would probably be the worst ever result we could possibly have against them, short of losing an FA Cup final or something ridiculous to them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here