Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Blackpool

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hopefully we'll have a lot more options for this one, although I doubt Buckley or LuaLua will be given a start if fit.

----------------Kuszczak---------------------

Calderon-------Upson-------Greer-------Bridge

----------Hammond-----------Bridcutt--------

Lopez--------------Orlandi--------------Barnes

-------------------Ulloa-----------------------

Subs: Ankergren, El-Abd, Painter, Crofts, Buckley, LuaLua, Vicente

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I don't want barnes anywhere near the starting line up. Liability. Gus has said Kaz and Buckley will be fit for Saturday

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I think Buckley will start instead of Barnes in your line up and be replaced by Lua Lua on 60 mins other than that the same. Barnes on the bench.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Rest Leo from the start and bring him on if needed, or sub him off after 60 minutes ???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would expect the same starting XI with Barnes Buckley and Lua Lua on the bench or at the most if a changer is made Buckley in for Crofts as we are at home and need to attack more. I would think that at some point Barnes will come on for Ulloa to rest him.

Last edited:

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Harsh on Crofts as Bridcutt Hammond and Crofts makes the spine very strong. I expect yesterday's team to line up in the last away game at Leeds with a couple rested for Saturday.Barnes on the bench, he will come on at 70 minutes, be booked for dissent on 75 minutes to prove he has learnt his lesson!

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Agree, not good enough and a liability to use, rather use a young striker like Barker, Barnes has let the club down badly, when we have had 5 strikers/wingers out, we needed all the players we had. Get rid please. I would not even put him on the bench under any circumstances to
Be honest. He has had enough chances to change his attitude, and he has failed.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
He has had enough chances to change his attitude, and he has failed.

He has only been sent off twice where it was his thought you ****ing imbecile. That is one chance. Ok? Stop with the bloody anti-Barnes tirade, everybody. It's just annoying now. We have had other players sent off more times, but where are the attacks on them? Seems as though Barnes is used as a scapegoat for everything. He is a good player and MUST be in the team for the rest of the season.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Rest Leo from the start and bring him on if needed, or sub him off after 60 minutes ???

Yes - def bench ulloa to rest him. More need for him in away games. Start with Barnes and bring ulloa on to play with barnes if needed. Barnes owes us, he will repay us too no doubt.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hopefully we'll have a lot more options for this one, although I doubt Buckley or LuaLua will be given a start if fit.

----------------Kuszczak---------------------

Calderon-------Upson-------Greer-------Bridge

----------Hammond-----------Bridcutt--------

Lopez--------------Orlandi--------------Barnes

-------------------Ulloa-----------------------

Subs: Ankergren, El-Abd, Painter, Crofts, Buckley, LuaLua, Vicente

Can't see Barnes starting but will be one of Buckley/KLL

Vicente might get a start too and rest Orlandi, but not sure why he didn't make squad last night (precautionary or injury)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My effort

Kuszczak

Calderon~Upson~Greer~Bridge

Bridcutt~Hammond

Spanish Dave~Orlandi~Lualua

Ulloa

Subs: Ankergren, Crofts, Barnes, Buckley, Vicente, Bruno, El-Abd

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Agree, not good enough and a liability to use, rather use a young striker like Barker, Barnes has let the club down badly, when we have had 5 strikers/wingers out, we needed all the players we had. Get rid please. I would not even put him on the bench under any circumstances to
Be honest. He has had enough chances to change his attitude, and he has failed.

Google me = Barnes is only 23! That's why he acts like a t**t sometimes.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If Buckley is fit he will start in place of Crofts.

Hopefully Vicente will be available too, we may well need him for 30 mins.

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
I think it will be an all out attack early on with Barnes, Leo and possibly Lualua or Buckley depending on fitness. Hoping to get an early goal or two so we can rest Leo. I'd imagine he needs a rest! Would be great to get ahead and then give the youngsters and maybe vicente a real chance to strut their stuff without too much pressure. This is all wishful thinking as I'm sat in the south stand on Saturday, so hoping to see our goals close up!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Dont change the home formation, if KLL and Buckley are fit, then they both have to start and go at Blackpool from the off. Crofts or Hammond to the bench and have Orlandi and Lopez in with Bridcutt. Barnes bench at best.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Palace team was a thing of beauty.

Barnes & Vicente on the bench if it goes one way.
Crofts and Hammond if it goes the other.

This management lark is a piece of urine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here