[Official Site] Crofts: We'll Give Everything

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
crofts-f229-776555_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
01:10 17th April 2013
by Adam Tighe
Midfielder Andrew Crofts has guaranteed that the players will give everything as they try and cement a play-off place.
Gus Poyet’s men have three games left in which to consolidate a top six finish, and lay fourth in the table after the London Road stalemate with Peterborough United.
Crofts told seagulls.co.uk, “We have two home games left and one away and we are in a great position, but we cannot take anything for granted. Anyone on their day can beat anyone but we are full of confidence, playing well and we will give it everything we have got.
“The club has made massive strides, we have a real good side and everyone is pushing in the right direction. If we can stay in the play-offs come the end of the season then it will be a magnificent season.”
Meanwhile the 28-year-old came within inches of securing Albion all three points against The Posh as he crashed a late header off the bar, but the combative midfielder says the team should be happy the point.
“We had a few chances and I nearly scored one right at the end but we have had two hard away games and four points from the two is a good return.
“I really thought it was in if I am honest. I just gambled on it and I had no right to get there. I just chucked myself in and thought it was my first goal since my return, and a massive goal it would have been.
“I was gutted to be fair but I got in some good positions tonight and the boys created some chances. We are fourth now so the boys are really looking forward to the last three games and hopefully we can finish in the play-offs.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here