Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How long does it take to recover from a big derby day thrashing?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
After Brighton 1-3 Palace in Sept 2011 (7 games before a Brighton win)

After Palace 3-0 Brighton in Dec 2012 (5 games before a Brighton win

After Brighton 3-0 Palace in Mar 2012 (5 games or more before a Palace win)

Just goes to show that derby day thrashings are probably worth more than a loss of three points to the defeated team....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
In which case I'm looking forward to The Toon's slide towards the trap door :lolol:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
It's been five games without a fricking GOAL for the shit let alone a WIN

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
After Brighton 1-3 Palace in Sept 2011 (7 games before a Brighton win)

After Palace 3-0 Brighton in Dec 2012 (5 games before a Brighton win

After Brighton 3-0 Palace in Mar 2012 (5 games or more before a Palace win)

Just goes to show that derby day thrashings are probably worth more than a loss of three points to the defeated team....

Personally I need a bit more convincing than three cherry picked examples.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So the indicator is that the losing side will have a wobble of 5-7 games. Well Palace have had their wobble, although I reckon the fact they created a bit of a points cushion might also be a factor. Now that has gone and there's only 3 games left it's very straightforward - beat Leicester and they'll feel they've almost certainly eliminated the Foxes from the equation. Then it doesn't matter what they do against Blackburn and Millwall away if they beat Posh at home on the final day.

D

Deleted member 18477

So the indicator is that the losing side will have a wobble of 5-7 games. Well Palace have had their wobble, although I reckon the fact they created a bit of a points cushion might also be a factor. Now that has gone and there's only 3 games left it's very straightforward - beat Leicester and they'll feel they've almost certainly eliminated the Foxes from the equation. Then it doesn't matter what they do against Blackburn and Millwall away if they beat Posh at home on the final day.

This. I feel there's more to come from palace just yet...

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not sure many players care MUCH more about a derby though a few do obviously. After the day and one after is over though I doubt many of them are thinking about it any more than the last/next game

Just LOVE the fact the scum fans are remembering the massacre of st patrick's day and will be haunting them for ages........ 0 and 11........ 0 points from 15 hahahahahahahah :D And next season after their best players have googled off......... any other decent players they produce will do likewise to fund their shambles of a club until it's time to cheat again because they haven't sold enough players for a couple of seasons in a row.

Meanwhile we're getting better and better each season and leaving them in our wake :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
[MENTION=15444]HastingsSeagull[/MENTION] It's 1 point from 15 as palace drew at home to Barnsley.

Still pretty good though!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"Losing to Brighton seems to have dented everybody's belief, even around the ground." - Ian Holloway, March 29

Quote of the season!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Leicester have woken up just in time for the final few matches. Palace's confidence shot to pieces. If the bad run lasts just one more match and Palace lose on Saturday they really are in danger of blowing it quite dramatically. Which would be nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here