Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pompey relegated

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Whoever survives the bloodbath that is the foot of League Two at the moment will be relieved this summer that one of the relegation places will more than likely be already taken by Portsmouth.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Hardly saw any blue and white Tesco shirts in Littlehampton until about two years ago!
Pots and kettles,Who knows it might happen to you lot one day:wink:

I have 4 or 5 other BHA in within 500 yards of my house and they have all been there for quite sometime. I have always seen plenty about, maybe we just shop at Sainsburys or Waitrose.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Barnet looked so well placed. :down:

Fourth successive season that it'll go to the last match for them. Mid-table Wycombe in the final match at Underhill and then it's Northampton away on the last day (they might rest players if they can only finish in the play-offs).

AFC Wimbledon have to go to Gillingham, who can clinch the title with a win on Saturday and then host Fleetwood, who may need to sneak into the play-offs.

Aldershot, Barnet, Wimbledon, York, Torquay, Accrington, Dagenham and Plymouth can all still go down with only two matches to play. Crazy!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hardly saw any blue and white Tesco shirts in Littlehampton until about two years ago!
Pots and kettles,Who knows it might happen to you lot one day:wink:

That is simply not true. I worked in Littlehampton around 15 years ago and a great many of the guys there use to travel over to the Goldstone. I doubt that much has changed.

That is simply not true. I worked in Littlehampton around 15 years ago and a great many of the guys there use to travel over to the Goldstone. I doubt that much has changed.

Maybe, but these are the real Brighton fans,Have a real respect for them, I even went on an anti Archer march way back when, with real Bha Ex enemy from the kick off days.
I'm talking about the massive increase in floaters or new tag along whilst the goings good fans wearing shirts, they will all melt away in time.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Maybe, but these are the real Brighton fans,Have a real respect for them, I even went on an anti Archer march way back when, with real Bha Ex enemy from the kick off days.
I'm talking about the massive increase in floaters or new tag along whilst the goings good fans wearing shirts, they will all melt away in time.

They always do with many, many clubs if a sustained level of decent football/entertainment is not achieved.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove

Yes its much better to have a average hardcore of 6k than 25k :ffsparr:, next season looks like it maybe a even higher average , so bang goes the 1 season wonder fans theory the palace boards were suggesting , if you visited the amex in march you would of no doubt seen the huge amount of families and younger generation supporters , they turn up because whats on offer is entertaining safe and exiting , hopefully we will not have to resort to the groupon culture (not slating the concept or the fact it increases attendances by the way ) , but does little to swell the coffers.

Nobody can forsee the future of Brighton and hove albion but what has already been put in place and the support the public are showing suggests the club will go from strength to strength over the next 5 seasons , they may indeed one day as you say melt away but the future looks good right now so dont worry about our fairweather fans , they now have a bloody good roof to shelter under , apart from rows A-L and the bit Holloway decided to slump in to on st patricks day .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Why do you persist banging on about this? As BOF said this is always the case unless one sustains success. Do you believe your club is different in this case? How would you explain that there are more palace 'fans' when you are in the premier league? Did you honestly think more Brighton fans should have gone week in, week out to Withdean? For most of our tenure there I lived up north, I went to loads of away games. Going to Withdean was awful, I and many other fans simply preferred to pick and choose. One the amex was opened of course the situation changed meaning loads of returning fans returned. The fact that we've been successful in attracting fair-weather fans and also new fans is simply testimony to the better standard of football and the facilities on offer at the Amex. Would you not love to be in that position at palace, think of it a new 30000 stadium packed to the rafters? Or would you continually stir up your own returning or new fans, dreaming back to the days of crowds of 16000?

I think you are simply envious that our support had a LOT more potential than you'd thought possible. That must be horrible, particularly as you live in enemy territory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here