Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Littlehampton amounst all the Pompey fans!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leighgull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What sort of attendance are thy getting these days? I ask because I haven't seen a Portsmouth shirt in ages whereas I used to see quite a few when they were in the Prem.

I wonder why?
    Hardly saw any blue and white Tesco shirts in Littlehampton until about two years ago!
    Pots and kettles,Who knows it might happen to you lot one day

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Maybe i have missed something here? I dont take any pleasure in this. It wasnt so long ago that we were mismanaged by terrible owners who took our club to the brink. Its not the genuine pompey fans that have been responsible for the clubs demise. Its greedy and corrupt owners. Yes the club should be punished of all the financial mismanagement but to gloat seems a tad unsophisticated especially with our troubled passed. There but for the grace of god go i and all that. Pompey are a traditional good old fashioned football club and i feel for the genuine fans who have had no control over this. I hope the fan ownership works for them and they can get their club back on a decent footing and still remain in the league.
      1/14th Internet Geek Hove Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      Great stuff.

They might even take you up on your offer to play in goal, earlier this season.

Re: Pompey relegated

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by L'hampton Eagle View Post
      Hardly saw any blue and white Tesco shirts in Littlehampton until about two years ago!
      Pots and kettles,Who knows it might happen to you lot one day
      Difference is Brighton is a Sussex club. And also although our current league status is fantastic compared to the last fifteen odd years, our support had not been dependant upon falsely buying our way to the premier league and the real success of winning the cup and getting to another final. You can't compare the two situations. The people of Sussex voted MASSIVELY in our club's favour before there was any 'success' buying season tickets in greater numbers (far more than your club has ever managed) for our first season back in the championship. Indeed we've TWICE now exceeded those initial staggering figures. It must really hurt poor little palace....
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......
      #cpfctinpotclub seagullsovergrimsby's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by halbpro View Post
      I agree that it should be next season, but given it was meant to be at the start of the season for, as far as I can see from old news reports, going into administration again so quickly. The reports aren't particularly clear though, but the general tone does seem to suggest that it was a condition of them being allowed into League One while in administration (BBC and Independent reports seem to be saying this). As @Gary Leeds says, the deduction was suspended to make the club appear more attractive to buyers, but given it was meant to be punishment at the start of this season it seems overly harsh to allow it to carry over to next season, particularly as they've got new owners in the form of the fans.

The Football League have said that they'll be additional punishments next season though, including limits on budgets, borrowing etc... I suppose they could add an extra points deduction, but given the administration they're just exiting has lead to two deductions already (even if one is currently suspended), it, again, seems overly harsh to apply a new one next year.

I also can't find the Football League saying that they'll carry the deduction over to next season, although I haven't read anything saying they won't.
      Bournemouth and Rotherham both faced additional points deductions for not observing the rules on exiting administration in time and being in administration more than once within a few years , Pompey are in the same position. The 10 points deduction will be carried over and another 7 - 20 points should be deducted as a condition of playing in League 2.
      Response to a post by SeasideEagle on BBS - "Are you another account belonging to cpfc2010? You seem to be spouting the same bullshit."

0 Not allowed!
      If we're happy about it, imagine how Southampton fans are feeling!! 5 years ago Pompey were winning the FA Cup and in the Prem while laughing at Southampton in League One, now Southampton are up there and Pompey are deep in the brown stuff!!
      Eternally hopeful...
      Sausage by the sea!!! Gullys Cats's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Poor old Portsmouth! Playing Fleetwood next season!, if Aldershot stay up that could a a good away day for them! Aaarrrrrrrrr!!!, can't take the mick to much, it feels a bit like kicking a rabbit (no I haven't kicked a rabbit)
      SEA!!! SEA!!! SEASIDE AIR!!!
      (My sons song )

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GullysCats View Post
      Poor old Portsmouth! Playing Fleetwood next season!, if Aldershot stay up that could a a good away day for them! Aaarrrrrrrrr!!!, can't take the mick to much, it feels a bit like kicking a rabbit (no I haven't kicked a rabbit)
      We aren't staying up cos we're utter shite,Agree Pompey at The Rec would of been good but very very messy.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I am very pleased but expect them to start the climb back up next season with immediate promotion
      #cpfctinpotclub seagullsovergrimsby's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      I am very pleased but expect them to start the climb back up next season with immediate promotion
      Not if the FL impose restrictions on transfer activities and they have to observe FFP practices.
      Response to a post by SeasideEagle on BBS - "Are you another account belonging to cpfc2010? You seem to be spouting the same bullshit."