Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon wants to finish his career at Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Calderon wants to finish his career at Albion[/h]9:00am Tuesday 16th April 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2410219.jpg
Inigo Calderon has been in the form of his life for Albion recently
Inigo Calderon wants to see out his playing days in England with Albion.
The long-serving defender is in the form of his life and has no plans to finish his playing career back in Spain.
Calderon, 31, told The Argus: “I don’t want to go back to Spain. I am happy here in England. When you are a foreigner it’s not easy to come and play here, so now I am here I want to stay as much as I can.
“I would like it to be at this club but that doesn’t depend only on me. I don’t know if that is going to happen.”
Calderon, signed from Deportivo Alaves in January 2010, starts his ninth match out of ten at Peterborough tonight as right-back cover for fellow Spaniard Bruno, who is back in full train-ing after calf trouble.
He has helped Albion to three shut-outs in their last six away games, the latest at Middlesbrough on Saturday.
“Clean sheets are key,” Calderon said. “We always talk about that.
"I don't think too much about how I've played. It's more about the team. If we lose I think I've played bad, if we win I think I played well."
Two-page preview of tonight's crucial game at Peterborough in The Argus today

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here