Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Coast Road Morning Traffic

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

Wife has an interview on Thursday, fingers crossed.
What is the traffic like from Newhaven to Brighton in the morning, what time does it usuallly start to tail back from Peacehaven to Rottingdean Lights?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Would not the 12 bus be a better bet as it uses the bus lanes? 12X limited stop gets there even faster.

That, or get the train.

Edit she needs to drive into Brighton, then use the A26/A27 to the top of Dyke Rd.

Last edited:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
since they put the bus lane in its ****ed. the utter delusion of putting a bus lane in from peacehaven to ovingdean to try and be like london on a cliff top road is one of the reasons i despair of the "city".

D

Deleted member 22389

It was crap 15 years ago, when I used to work at New England House in Brighton. Even back then it would have probably been quicker to cycle.
I'm taking her so will go along the A27, I'm not going to take any chances. Last thing you need is to turn up late for an interview all because of traffic.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
since they put the bus lane in its ****ed. the utter delusion of putting a bus lane in from peacehaven to ovingdean to try and be like london on a cliff top road is one of the reasons i despair of the "city".

This. Shambles.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
Wife has an interview on Thursday, fingers crossed.
What is the traffic like from Newhaven to Brighton in the morning, what time does it usuallly start to tail back from Peacehaven to Rottingdean Lights?
I went towards Newhaven from Rottingdean lights this morning at 9.00 and the queue into Brighton went all the way back to Sainsbury's in Peacehaven. I came back to Rottingdean at 10.00 and it was completely clear.
Good luck, hope she gets the job and it is not a 9.00 start!!!

D

Deleted member 22389

I went towards Newhaven from Rottingdean lights this morning at 9.00 and the queue into Brighton went all the way back to Sainsbury's in Peacehaven. I came back to Rottingdean at 10.00 and it was completely clear.
Good luck, hope she gets the job and it is not a 9.00 start!!!

Thank you. Thinking of taking A27 out at Kingston.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
The a27 can be bad coming in to Brighton. The coast road is great if you like stop/start traffic. Both are as bad as each other really. I have a twice daily battle anyway.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did that run in my first job on leaving school in the mid 1980s.

The jam was massive and slow even then, sometimes going all the way from Rottingdean to the old Peacehaven motel at its east end. Long before the bus lane.

Caused by Lewes DC allowing Peacehaven, Telscombe Cliffs and Newhaven's housing to expand many fold over the decades, but with the same narrow main roads. Zero strategic planning by some bumpkins elected with a handful of votes.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
I used to drive to work and park, usually driving in about 8am. It's a nightmare. Bus was much cheaper for me and quicker too. No brainer IMO.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here