Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex senior Cup Final At The Amex, ALBION v Bognor,May 18th

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Just been announced that once again the final will be held at The Amex, what a great month of football in May it could be, play offs at the Amex & development squad final v Bognor plus maybe a trip to Wembley :clap2:
What a great time to follow the Albion I think it would be brilliant if we could get around 10,000 inside the Amex for the Sussex senior cup final on lovely hot sunny may Saturday 3pm kick off :albion2:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Won't get 10k, that would be great but expect around 5k tops.

Should have been EP v Bognor :cry:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Won't get 10k, that would be great but expect around 5k tops.

Should have been EP v Bognor :cry:

All depends if there's a real feel good factor around the place, if we were to reach Wembley people would be buzzing and might generate more interest in another cup final at The Amex ( I still reckon around 10,000)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
All depends if there's a real feel good factor around the place, if we were to reach Wembley people would be buzzing and might generate more interest in another cup final at The Amex ( I still reckon around 10,000)

No Chance of 10,000. 4000/5000 tops.

Bognors larger home attendences are around the 600 mark i cant imagine them bringing more than 1,500 and how many people will be that intrested in going from an Albion point of view, i guess you will get a few hundred County FA there and a couple oof hundred neutrals too.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Maybe if we do get to the final we could sell the remaining general sale tickets at this game??, seem to remember (I was only 8) watching a reserve or low key game in 1983 so we could get Cup Final tickets, could guarantee a nice full house!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How much will tickets be? Around the £10-15 mark?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Maybe if we do get to the final we could sell the remaining general sale tickets at this game??, seem to remember (I was only 8) watching a reserve or low key game in 1983 so we could get Cup Final tickets, could guarantee a nice full house!!

you had to get 2 vouchers from watching 2 reserves games, people were going through the turnstile collecting their vouchers and walking straight back out again, I remember people moaning they had to pay to get into the reserve game to get the vouchers not very good PR FROM THE CLUB AT THE TIME

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I plan to go. Personally I'd find it pretty interesting to see our U21s playing at the Amex.

D

Deleted member 22389

If the club don't offer these seats at a sensible price they will lose out. It is an opportunity for people to experience The Amex for the first time, sell food and drink in the process. I'm sure there will be quite a few people coming from Bognor, and I reckon there will be quite a few Brighton supporters. I reckon the attendance will be 4k - 5k, anymore it would be amazing.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Are you actually serious ? I doubt Bognor have 500 fans, let alone 2,000.

5,000 maximum, its the lure of cheap seats and a visit to the Amex.

Bognor are pretty well supported for a Ryman Premier club and have a decent little ground (pitch) our under 18s played at.

They are in the same league as Whitehawk who struggle to get 100 where as they are generally somewhere between 400-600 a game not bad small time club.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
How much will tickets be? Around the £10-15 mark?

I think the Sussex FA will lay down the cost of the actual tickets.

The game is being held at the Amex but its not a home game. the ticket prices will be agreed by the sussex FA no doubt the club will want costs etc covered.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Bognor are pretty well supported for a Ryman Premier club and have a decent little ground (pitch) our under 18s played at.

They are in the same league as Whitehawk who struggle to get 100 where as they are generally somewhere between 400-600 a game not bad small time club.

I know, i was just making the point that they dont have 2,000 and they certainly wont sell 2,000 tickets !!

D

Deleted member 22389

Family friend is a Bognor supporter. He reckons they might bring 1500. Bognor have a good record in this competition.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Family friend is a Bognor supporter. He reckons they might bring 1500. Bognor have a good record in this competition.

I'd agree, see above posts. if hastings too over 1000 to boro I would say they should at least bring 1000 along the road to us for a senior cup final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here