semifinal5.jpg

semifinal6.jpg

semifinal7.jpg

Lovely kit wasn't it?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Some lovely shots from the FA Cup Final programme...

semifinal9.jpg

semifinal12.jpg

semifinal8.jpg

semifinal11.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Some more, including the first colour one I've seen of Michael Robinson smacking the winner in...

semifinal15.jpg

semifinal19.jpg

semifinal16.jpg

semifinal18.jpg

semifinal17.jpg

semifinal13.jpg

semifinal14.jpg

And that's it! I'm done.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I went on a coach from Southwick. All the Albion coaches met at Croydon Aerodrome to be convoyed to Highbury. I remember on the way home through London, and south London people coming out of their houses and waving happily at this huge line of coaches full of celebrating fans. Must have been quite a sight. Can't imagine that happening today - bet Man City fans didn't get that on Sunday.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It was bloody confusing, given Wednesday were in blue and white stripes and we were in yellow. Kept forgetting which goal we were attacking/defending, and which way we were playing.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

and here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321107172887?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Fantastic day. Went up in the convoy of some 50+ coaches and buses, some of which looked like they were in use during WWII. Took my position in the middle of the terrace behind the goal along with everyone else. Breathed in at the start of the game and breathed out 105 minutes and some mental goal celebrations later. First 'away' trip I ever made and completely unforgettable.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
In retrospect, it was a death trap. My feet didn't touch the ground for minutes at a time, it was so packed. But, yes, it was the most exhilarating Albion game ever for me.

Bloody frightening jam packed in the clock end but seemed to spread out when Jimmy scored. Agree though one of the best ever Albion days. Couldn't sleep night before. In London by 10 Victoria was heaving with Brighton fans. Superb atmosphere. All you could here was Seagulls chanting around the station. Happy days.
:O:O:O

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
One of my families great stories comes from that day.

My Dad and Granddad (both now sadly departed) set off for the game and starting drinking straight away. My Granddad was driving unbelievably.

By the time game reached half time Granddad was so drunk he didn't know what he was doing. He headed into the concourse looking for more booze... thought the game had finished, wandered out of the ground and DROVE home!!!

My Dad was left in London and had to make his own way back and turned up in Seaford in the early hours! He was furious.

Miss you both fellas. x
:eek::eek::eek:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Never been so packed in a crowd.

Does anyone have a pic of fans outside the Railway Bell that evening? The caption may well say it was after the final but that's not the case & i should know, I'm in the pic!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I went on a coach from Southwick. All the Albion coaches met at Croydon Aerodrome to be convoyed to Highbury. I remember on the way home through London, and south London people coming out of their houses and waving happily at this huge line of coaches full of celebrating fans. Must have been quite a sight. Can't imagine that happening today - bet Man City fans didn't get that on Sunday.

Same here got the coach outside the old Windmill pub in Southwick I remember Flaxey Cabs put on about 3 coaches, also remember going through South London & People hanging out Man utd Flags from a balcony waving at all the coaches as they went by

As for the game just remember Case & Robinson Goals and Fozzie clearing off the line with an overhead kick
And the amazing atmosphere but do remember being slightly crushed underneath the Clock end Clock

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
One of my mates currently lives in an apartment in the Clock-end of Highbury. Stayed there a few times. Wonderful place and view from the balcony. Love the fact they've kept grass in the centre of the complex so you can take a wander. Full of memories from years gone by. A similar arrangement at our old Goldstone ground would have been far more fitting than a Toys r us and a bleedin' Burger King.

The Highbury development looks amazing: Highbury Stadium Luxury Apartments Though there's something inherently sad about the site of any former football stadium, regardless of the circumstances of its closure.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
One of my families great stories comes from that day.

My Dad and Granddad (both now sadly departed) set off for the game and starting drinking straight away. My Granddad was driving unbelievably.

By the time game reached half time Granddad was so drunk he didn't know what he was doing. He headed into the concourse looking for more booze... thought the game had finished, wandered out of the ground and DROVE home!!!

My Dad was left in London and had to make his own way back and turned up in Seaford in the early hours! He was furious.

Miss you both fellas. x

That's fantastic, what a great story - it made me genuinely laugh out loud. Well done!!
I was at the match, I remember most of it =0)

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Apart from the football I remember being extremely drunk for more than 24 hrs. I passed out in a Wiimpy bar. Kids of today tut.

Noldi

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
mosely had a proper goalie top - green and itchy.....the way they should be.

those shorts are all horrific tho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here