Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley & lualua

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Personally I'd bench them till Saturday.
Fingers crossed the same team can do the job at Boro x 2.
They are certainly less likely to concede which would be plenty good enough, if backed up with 3 points on Saturday.

Winchester1

Aug 27, 2012
Downtown Winchester
I agree we looked very solid at Middlesbrough and IMO its important that we put a stranglehold on the midfield and play with plenty of composure and patience. Keep it tight at the back and take our chances as and when they come along - which they will at some point!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Rest Buckley and take KLL

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Gus makes a habit of saying all are fit or likely to be fit when they aren't. I'd be surprised if Buckley was given his recent history. If Kaz is fit I'd like to see him start and give one of the others a rest. Plus without Little they may be exposed down their right side which he could nicely exploit

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Play same team keep them on the bench and bring them both on for last 10 minutes to stretch the game and get some "breakaway" goals

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
According to sky sports news this morning they are both fit to play tonight. Good stuff!
That's what they said last Saturday, even though we knew they weren't fit (due to fans being told at the dinner).

Gus makes a habit of saying all are fit or likely to be fit when they aren't.
Exactly. It's possible, but I'd be more confident if SSN were saying they're not fit.

I think it's more likely Barnes will start given Saturdays team selection.
Suspended.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Gus makes a habit of saying all are fit or likely to be fit when they aren't. I'd be surprised if Buckley was given his recent history. If Kaz is fit I'd like to see him start and give one of the others a rest. Plus without Little they may be exposed down their right side which he could nicely exploit

Well Ruggers, it wasn't Gus that said they were fit in that report, it was Sky. The Argus quotes Gus and he is far from unequivocal. He says they are improving and that Kaz is doing better than "Buckers". He does say that TK is fit to play, but that doesn't mean he will.

If I was Gus, I'd be keeping the manager of Alex Ferguson's loanees guessing too, esp given the injury to Little.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Buckley on bench maybe tonight. KLL back for Saturday perhaps.

With Barnes back as well on Saturday, the squad should be a strong one for Blackpool.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Rest Buckley and take KLL

I'd go along with this. Buckley with his gambolling and tense legs we need the most to create space in the coming fixtures, whilst the thunderbullockness of KLL i can see being more devastating when called upon against the Petes tonight.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
based upon history of Gus saying players are fit, none of KLL, Buckley, Thomas or Bruno will be in the squad!!

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Pretty sure Lua Lua has not travelled as his beast of a car is not in the car park!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well Ruggers, it wasn't Gus that said they were fit in that report, it was Sky.
Sky said that KLL and Will could be fit last Saturday. Wherever they're getting their info, it seems to be fed the same rubbish as everyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here