Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Worlds Best Takeaway

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
What actually is it?

The usual suspects are Papa Johns (not the 'other' one), your favourite Curry House (Balti surely), a cheeky kebab, and a hidden gem of a Chinese but for me its got to be a decent Fish and Chips. The best i've ever had was actually in Belgium but on these shores it's Mr Lee's in Haywards Heath. World Beating. However, interested in any other recommendations..........

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
What actually is it?

The usual suspects are Papa Johns (not the 'other' one), your favourite Curry House (Balti surely), a cheeky kebab, and a hidden gem of a Chinese but for me its got to be a decent Fish and Chips. The best i've ever had was actually in Belgium but on these shores it's Mr Lee's in Haywards Heath. World Beating. However, interested in any other recommendations..........

Best chippy by far!! Always fresh.
For me the curry inn in H/H

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What actually is it?

Dont agree with Lees in Haywards Heath very expensive and to my mind always cooked too much I go over to Marino's, Maple Drive by Co Op in Burgess Hill for mine as they cook most of it while you wait. I am told the best is the van in Linfield on a Friday night but I havent tried it yet

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Best chippy by far!! Always fresh.
For me the curry inn in H/H

Good shout. 'Eddie The Cheeks' used to always keep it open for us until we rolled out the Burrell. Good lad

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Dont agree with Lees in Haywards Heath very expensive and to my mind always cooked too much I go over to Marino's, Maple Drive by Co Op in Burgess Hill for mine as they cook most of it while you wait. I am told the best is the van in Linfield on a Friday night but I havent tried it yet

The van by the park?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The van by the park?
so I am told by my neighbours who have fish and chips twice a week. This is all very subjective and down to personal taste. When down in Worthing I had some from Broadwater Chippy who advertised on here and it was very good. I personally don't like the one nearly opposite The Heath and even more so the one in America Lane.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
My only regular takeaway is scampi & chips with an occasional pineapple fritter from my local chippie at Lancing Broadway.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Tacos from El Superica in Santa Barbara.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
so I am told by my neighbours who have fish and chips twice a week. This is all very subjective and down to personal taste. When down in Worthing I had some from Broadwater Chippy who advertised on here and it was very good. I personally don't like the one nearly opposite The Heath and even more so the one in America Lane.

That'll be Kingfish. Over priced and full of bones. The America Lane one is passable but not brilliant.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
So shouldnt the thread be called Haywards Heath's Best Takeaway

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Agra Tandoori at Five Ways, Brighton. So good they don't deliver. You to have to go fetch.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
So shouldnt the thread be called Haywards Heath's Best Takeaway

Good Idea. My Mrs and I had a lovely Chinese from the take away from opposite Victoria Park on Friday.

chiefkickass

Jan 19, 2012
Chilli Pickle canteen!
Check it - REVIEW: The Chilli Pickle Canteen (take away) | WhereToEat
qOao8.jpg

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Forgot to mention Tarana, Turners Hills finest akthough technically a collection not a take away. Amazing none the less

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here