Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the bravest thing you've done?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
550w_reality_tv_iac_paul_burrell_trial.jpg

Not being a massive dog lover (terrified of them) i decided to square up to two Westies who had been running a mock around my local park. I had been watching the dog whisperer earlier that day and had decided i was going to show them once and for all who the real pack leader was! When they saw me they had a rabid look in there eyes, (one of them may well have rabies i don't know) first the larger of the two starting lunging at me like a cobra, followed closely by the second animal who had the sent of fresh blood on its nose ( i had scratched myself earlier that day which may or may not have add fuel to this frenzied attack). It started to circle me from behind looking for a weak spot! I stood my ground like a statue from ancient Rome occasionally twisting to block an attack. Then they decided to speed circle me, anti clockwise first both in the same direction, then splitting like to crafty "Hun" fighter pilots. The ordeal was only ended when i raised up enough courage to go after the bigger Westie, it made a yelping noise and ran off into the distance followed by its partner in crime. I walked home knowing i had faced my fear and things had changed.

I removed a spider from our receptionists desk the other day.

Not particularly heroic but the women all thought it was and I haven't had to make myself a cup of tea since. Winner.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I rescued our (then) puppy from a swarm of bees. I was stung 20 times and knackered my knee, she was stung at least 200 times and somehow survived, although she has scars all over her face and legs. My wife said it was very brave, but I just did it instinctively - she was only 10 weeks old and we had only had her a week. In gratitude, once back from the Vet, she ate one of my hose pipes!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nearly joined the Groovy Gang

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I rescued our (then) puppy from a swarm of bees. I was stung 20 times and knackered my knee, she was stung at least 200 times and somehow survived, although she has scars all over her face and legs. My wife said it was very brave, but I just did it instinctively - she was only 10 weeks old and we had only had her a week.
Good work, well done. Now tell us how you went on to kill every f'ing bee (wasp?) with chemicals (I would have).

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Good work, well done. Now tell us how you went on to kill every f'ing bee (wasp?) with chemicals (I would have).

We had to phone 3 different bee persons to come and get rid of the nest, as the first 2 refused. The third one was not happy as the nest was underground, so he had to poison the *******s. Every time I see bees in the vicinity of where the nest was, I get a can of Doom fogger and set it off in the hole. So yes, you can blame me for the current worldwide shortage of bees.

I now have a severe aversion to bees and the dog isn't too happy about them either. Poor hound. All I could see when I ran out to rescue her were 2 eyes looking at me from within a large ball of bees. We still don't know how she survived - she must have magical powers.

We had to phone 3 different bee persons to come and get rid of the nest, as the first 2 refused. The third one was not happy as the nest was underground, so he had to poison the *******s. Every time I see bees in the vicinity of where the nest was, I get a can of Doom fogger and set it off in the hole. So yes, you can blame me for the current worldwide shortage of bees.

I now have a severe aversion to bees and the dog isn't too happy about them either. Poor hound. All I could see when I ran out to rescue her were 2 eyes looking at me from within a large ball of bees. We still don't know how she survived - she must have magical powers.

Top work. My new hero.

p.s. What's Doom Fogger?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Me and a course mate at uni once cooked a full christmas dinner for 20 of our coursemates by ourself after around 8 bottles of wine. Turkey, Gammon, homemade gravy, all the veggies, egg nog etc etc etc

That was brave. It was also stupid as we didn't know how to properly release the pressure from a pressure cooker and this led to my mate having water of over 100 degrees going over him. The wine softened the pain somewhat.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Before segregation of fans, I stood on the terraces at the Den in amongst the Millwall fans and started cheering on the Albion. I soon stopped, f*cking frightening it was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here