Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tuesday's fixtures - discuss

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As it seems Leeds v Burnley is the only game of no consequence, hard to believe I know, I figured we keep the whole lot in one thread.

Barnsley v Derby
Blackburn v Huddersfield
Bristol City v Birmingham
Cardiff v Charlton
Ipswich v Crystal Palace
Leeds United v Burnley
Leicester v Bolton
Middlesbrough v Nottm Forest
Millwall v Watford
Peterborough v Brighton
Wolves v Hull
Blackpool v Sheff Wed

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Posh are 1 pt clear of relegation and turned over a v. good Watford side - it's squeaky bum time as they can really put in a good performance against the better teams so I'll be happy just to keep our unbeaten run going. Arguably they need the points more than we do - a draws not much use to them, so they'll be giving it everything they've got.

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
As it seems Leeds v Burnley is the only game of no consequence, hard to believe I know, I figured we keep the whole lot in one thread.

Barnsley v Derby
Blackburn v Huddersfield
Cardiff v Charlton
Ipswich v Crystal Palace
Leeds United v Burnley
Leicester v Bolton
Millwall v Watford
Peterborough v Brighton
Wolves v Hull
Blackpool v Sheff Wed

My ideal would be a win for us obviously.

Bolton to take out Leicester
Forest to feel the pressure from our win in the North East and blow it
and Palace to flounder just for the comedy value.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Leicester will beat Bolton as it is their last chance of possibly making the play offs same for Middlesbro against Watford and I hope that Ipswich beat CPFC but cant see it really. We will get at least a draw at Posh.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Leicester to beat Bolton. They will feel hard done by after that last minute penalty against Brum. I would expect Ipswich to take at least a point off Palace. Middlesborough won't lose 2 home games in a row IMO. Wolves v Hull is probably the biggest game of the night other than our own. The way this division rolls i wouldn't be surprised if Wolves win that one.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Apart from us beating Posh, wins for Boro, Ipswich and Leicester would be immense.

Looking for a Leics win as it might derail Bolton (even momentarily) but also keep Leicester interested for their next games against Palarse, Watford and Forest

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Apart from us beating Posh, wins for Boro, Ipswich and Leicester would be immense.

Looking for a Leics win as it might derail Bolton (even momentarily) but also keep Leicester interested for their next games against Palarse, Watford and Forest

Interesting - Keeping Leicester interested makes sense if your objective is to see us finish as high as possible in the table. If you just want to see us secure a play off position the less permutations possible the better I reckon. No right or wrong answer though is there ?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The good thing about the Bolton surge is that its one that Palace just cannot ignore. You'd think that with us and Dougie where we are that the pressure is seriously ON.

And if Bolton do make it then Dougie would have to be in with a shout for the league's Manager of the Year.

Having said this: Now we've come this far, and assuming that we do cling on - I REALLY would like to play them again in the playoffs, so hope that the wheels don't come off entirely.

A Middlesboro win tonight would be very welcome, but seems unlikely.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
to know what to want with bolton leicester is a hard one.

leicester win = derail bolton.
bolton win = push leicester out of it - but spur their own momentum to crazy heights.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Interesting - Keeping Leicester interested makes sense if your objective is to see us finish as high as possible in the table. If you just want to see us secure a play off position the less permutations possible the better I reckon. No right or wrong answer though is there ?

Agree. Before the Boro win I might have said Bolton to win. Even with my half empty outlook I can't see us failing now and think we would be so much better off with a 4th or 5th spot than 6th. If we make 4th or 5th then we are likely to face Palarse and not Watford who I see as the strongest, followed by Bolton who will probably end up 6th so a Watford v Bolton semi also takes one of them out.

All huge supposition, but with games running it may become much clearer after tomorrow night

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Beat Peterborough, if we can, and see how the rest of the results fall.

As of now we need 11 points for playoff qualification without bringing goal difference into it.

By the way, if EVERYTHING goes our way we can actually qualify on Saturday by beating Blackpool.

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
A lot of confidence on here - but we're just a gnat's nads above the rest. It could all change by the end of Tuesday's games. I'd like to see Bolton and Leicester both drop points. Palace could find Ipswich hard at home. Boro v Forest? Has the Forest bubble burst? Not so much that they won't beat a team that just can't score goals.

My prediction is: Albion win, Bolton win, Forest win, Palace draw.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've targetted all along that Palace will be the one's to drop out.

Sure, probably 20% of it is based on wanting them to fail, but I now genuinely believe us, Bolton and Forest will get the 3 remaining playoff spots (assuming Watford or Hull have the other between them).

Ipswich away for Palace does nothing change this view. If we can pick up a win at Posh then that is HUGE.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't tell me, Leeds vs Burnley is live on Sky.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath

This with bells and whistles. They have to play all of the sides around us. If they lose interest then it will be 3 points all around for the others and we dont need that.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Barnsley v Derby
Blackburn v Huddersfield
Cardiff v Charlton
Ipswich v Crystal Palace
Leeds United v Burnley
Leicester v Bolton
Millwall v Watford