Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On the Cusp........

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I hear lots of prophets of doom and gloom talking about our beloved team "We're not ready for the Prem" "Brighton wont survive in the premiership" "It's too early" etc etc . And I sayeth unto them - Where were we ten, fifteen seasons ago - struggling to survive, play in front of miniscule crowds? Where were we just this time three years ago? - Battling under Gus to stave off relegation to League 2!
Where are we now? In a fabulous Stadium with 28000+ watching some super footy, still managed by Gus, and under the wise stewardship of Tony Bloom. And we are on the cusp of potential promotion to the top tier of English Football - the greatest League in the World!

As you can guess from my signature, I have been watching Brighton for a very long time, and I can assure all of you younger fans - THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO BE A BRIGHTON SUPPORTER!!!! (yes I haven't forgotten the Mullery years - we just didn't have the stadium then!)

So get behind Gus and the boys - if we dont get to the playoffs, get promoted (and I sincerely hope we do), does it matter? - Just look how far we have come - and there's always next season

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I hear lots of prophets of doom and gloom talking about our beloved team "We're not ready for the Prem" "Brighton wont survive in the premiership" "It's too early" etc etc . And I sayeth unto them - Where were we ten, fifteen seasons ago - struggling to survive, play in front of miniscule crowds? Where were we just this time three years ago? - Battling under Gus to stave off relegation to League 2!
Where are we now? In a fabulous Stadium with 28000+ watching some super footy, still managed by Gus, and under the wise stewardship of Tony Bloom. And we are on the cusp of potential promotion to the top tier of English Football - the greatest League in the World!

As you can guess from my signature, I have been watching Brighton for a very long time, and I can assure all of you younger fans - THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO BE A BRIGHTON SUPPORTER!!!! (yes I haven't forgotten the Mullery years - we just didn't have the stadium then!)

So get behind Gus and the boys - if we dont get to the playoffs, get promoted (and I sincerely hope we do), does it matter? - Just look how far we have come - and there's always next season

Great post - I agree whole heartedly. Even if we go up and come down again, it's not the end of the world, but with the club's ever improving infrastructure and commercial management, there's no reason why we can't emulate Swansea, Fulham, West Brom et al. The key thing is that we must always remember the pain of the late 90s (and observe the fait of clubs like Pompey) and make sure that the club is run in a sustainable way. If that means waiting a little longer for a taste of the big time, that's a small price to pay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here