Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who is going to do the Brighton Marathon 2014?

Stumpy Tim

My wife took up running a couple of months ago, though she has always been fit and healthy, and has been inspired to run the marathon next year. I did one in 2000 but my back won't let me these days, otherwise I would be up for it.

Who else is inspired to run, for yourself or a charity close to you?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not me, no chance. Past 40 it's too much stress on the joints. Massive respect to anyone with the guts and commitment to take up something like this for the first time at that kind of age.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Every year I watch it, and every year I say i'll do it next year.

I'm gonna do it next year.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
I was stupid enough to sign up at the discounted rates at the marathon exhibition when picked up my pack yesterday. After today (my 3rd Brighton marathon) I don't wish to run another for along time.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Started running just to lose weight just after watching Mrs H do her thing for the 2012 marathon. Just seen her smash her PB in 2013 and am now wondering if I should go the whole hog next year.

I would like to do it for the rhinos though. I know it's been done before but I just love those things.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I want to but I might do the half marathon first.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
I did the half a couple of months ago. Could be tempted by the full marathon next year. Don't expect it to be at all easy though

Stumpy Tim

Not me, no chance. Past 40 it's too much stress on the joints. Massive respect to anyone with the guts and commitment to take up something like this for the first time at that kind of age.

I'm pretty sure my marathon was the man reason behind my current back problems... It's not a natural thing to do. That's what makes it such an achievement. Kudos to anyone who has run one.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Signed up for 2014 when I picked up my pack on Friday. I would recommend it to anyone.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Did it two years ago and I miss the occasion every time Brighton Marathon day rolls around. What I don't miss is the training.

I still keep fit but pounding mile after mile is just dull - until you finally get to Marathon day of course.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
running over 25 miles on concrete is one of the most unhealthy things one can do.

give up meat, booze, processed food, eat organic - and stretch quite a bit....... 1000000 times better for you - and easier.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I plan to run two next year but Brighton will have to wait.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
A mate of mine, who I ran with for the first 14 miles yesterday, has done the Brighton yesterday and is doing the London next week. He's never done one before. He thought the Brighton race could be his warm-up!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Did it in 2012 aged 28....... never again unless they invent a time machine and make me 21 again!

Might stumble round the Hastings Half again at some point though........ damn those hills :/

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
A mate of mine, who I ran with for the first 14 miles yesterday, has done the Brighton yesterday and is doing the London next week. He's never done one before. He thought the Brighton race could be his warm-up!

He thought he could warm up to run 26 miles by running 26 miles?

I've done 3 marathons. The actual day of the race is the easy bit; it's the 50+ miles a week in the 3-4 months before it that are the hard part.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here