Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad news at Brighton Marathon.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sad times, poor guy. Puts not getting the time I wanted into perspective...

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
running on concrete for over 25 miles in one stint is one of the most unhealthy things a human can do.

big shame.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tragic, lets hope his just giving page goes into stratoshere.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I've just got back to Norfolk from Brighton supporting my Twin who ran for the Charity Bliss. I was on the corner of Gramd Avenue and the seafront and witnessed the young chap being attendeded to my St John's. A truly horrifying expiereance but the St Johns volenteers done absolutly everything to try and save the lad. My heart Goes out to his family and Friends. R.I.P fellow runner,

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Horrible news. Thoughts go to family and friends.

running on concrete for over 25 miles in one stint is one of the most unhealthy things a human can do.

big shame.

Although running that far at once is not good for body, I still think the training involved is beneficial to peoples health. Unfortunately there is a risk in any challenge such as marathon etc.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
I recently had a heart stent fitted at the RSCH. The surgeon told me afterwards that they are Widowmakers and that his team are always on standby on Marathon day. Unfortunately the poor chap could have died running for the bus. I ran it in 2011and it. Is a great day but with agree with all it does take off the shine. I cannot stop thinking of his poor supporters who were probably waiting to greet him at the end. Poor poor family RIP.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

big shame.

Only it's not, is it?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Awful news. The whole day all I saw was people smiling. Everywhere you looked, runners, spectators, kids - it's such a great day. I just hope some good can come out of it and his chosen charity gets a hatfull of money.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Only it's not, is it?

To be fair I don't think he was being literal, but still that's beside the point.

A tragic shame for this to happen. I'm 25 and certainly not overweight or anything, but I know I couldn't do it in a million years, physically or psychologically. I went to watch people at the Ovingdean Roundabout and just hearing people breathing so heavily and thinking "You've still got 19 miles or so to go" actually made my own legs go weak...and I was just watching. The feeling of being surrounded by others, the noise of the feet hitting tarmac over and over, a personal nightmare for me. Again, I've gone off topic here..

Thoughts go out to the young man's family. Tragic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here