Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League ST prices

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Listening to Paul Barber on the radio yesterday, he stated that if we did get promoted that our ST for next season would have a further increase.
Is that legal, how can they then come along after you have paid for your ticket and say now you have to pay us another £x?
What happens if that ST holder says I am sorry I just can't afford a further increase.
Anyone know what would happen?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Listening to Paul Barber on the radio yesterday, he stated that if we did get promoted that our ST for next season would have a further increase.
Is that legal, how can they then come along after you have paid for your ticket and say now you have to pay us another £x?
What happens if that ST holder says I am sorry I just can't afford a further increase.

Find someone to split the cost with?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
be a bit rude, as we're getting 4 less games, basically adding about £5 to each game anyway

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
be a bit rude, as we're getting 4 less games

I genuinely find it incredible people keep raising that point as an argument against a price increase. We'd be playing agains the elite clubs in the country, of course it would be more expensive. Sadly, that's just how it is.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This was made clear prior to the renewal period. They let us know the price will go up if we're promoted.

I would imagine there will also be an option for refund and cancellation if the increase is too much.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I genuinely find it incredible people keep raising that point as an argument against a price increase. We'd be playing agains the elite clubs in the country, of course it would be more expensive. Sadly, that's just how it is.

I accept what your saying about an increase, but I don't understand how they can come along and say that the £400 ST we sold you in good faith, you now have to give us another £100. Where would this situation happen in any other business?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This.

All the other southern PL clubs with a high demand (more affluent area, in general), charge more than us, and we will simply have to do the same to stay in the PL. I know there is the vast Sky income, but unfortunately, both income sources are required to compete.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
This was made clear prior to the renewal period. They let us know the price will go up if we're promoted.

I would imagine there will also be an option for refund and cancellation if the increase is too much.

Where was this made clear, I received no letter this year so where did they inform us?

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013

No need to worry,Barn door Barnes will be back soon trying to get the ball into Bennets field instead of the onion bag

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Our prices would remain the same, but as no ones been promoted yet, it's immaterial.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I think the OP has a point, after paying a set amount for a few months and then they put it up, they must give the option of dropping the ticket and getting money back if the increase is beyond someones means, surely?

Also, by going up it is reckoned that in the first season in the Prem a club will earn around £45m, so, we will play less games (effective price increase) and they will add an additional price rise as it is the Premiership! So, why does the club need the price rise? Is it to pay the increased wages that Premiership players will earn? Is £45m not enough to cover wage rises? If not, does the new shirt sponsorship plus the many thousands of new shirts being sold in the summer, home and away, not cover it? Maybe they need the additional catering profit they will make from the new deal to cover it...

Don't get me wrong, I want to see us go up but it is amazing that a club feels the need to increase prices when they have an increase of £45m TV money, massive ground sponsorship, massive shirt sponsorship, 30,750 sold out season and match day tickets every other game, highest spend on food/drink per person in the whole league and premiership and 1,000's of new shirt sales.. Just saying..

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Where was this made clear, I received no letter this year so where did they inform us?

I remember reading somewhere that the prices will go up if we get promoted, not sure if it was an email, letter or it was in a matchday programme.

Edit... i also remember reading that you would be able to cancel your ticket if you so wish.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I accept what your saying about an increase, but I don't understand how they can come along and say that the £400 ST we sold you in good faith, you now have to give us another £100. Where would this situation happen in any other business?

Do any other businesses have to plan for a future they can't predict? There's nothing the club could do differently, as a DD payer I'm part of the "problem" if you like, all the time this payment option is available the club have to be honest and say this is the price for the Championship but if we go up, it'll be a higher price. I really don't see a problem with increasing the prices for the Premier League - I don't want them to increase because financially it'll be a kick in the pocket but if you want to watch Brighton and Hove Albion in the Premier League....

This.

All the other southern PL clubs with a high demand (more affluent area, in general), charge more than us, and we will simply have to do the same to stay in the PL. I know there is the vast Sky income, but unfortunately, both income sources are required to compete.

Personally, I think our timing is a bit off! Ironically. But with Financial Fair Play coming it, it should level the field a bit and I hope that when the player wages come down to a reasonable level and the club is run correctly and efficiently (as it is), the pricing won't be too outrageous. By outrageous, I'm thinking Arsenal prices...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Can't believe it would go up very much. Would already be getting 4 less games a season. Which if you take £500 as an average price, already works out an extra fiver per game.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This.

I think that's not true.

Have a look at the season ticket prices in this table. There is no reason to increase by a great deal.

The Premier League season ticket table 2012/13

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

An email was sent out announcing the process included the note that it could increase. Back in february, bozza posted this on here Albion 2013-14 season tickets - ALL the details (was originally on the main board).

It was in the argus Albion season ticket prices going up From The Argus) and I imagine it was in match day programmes back in February, and on the official site (I've been trying to get the article on the website, but the mobile version keeps timing out) when all this other information came out.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It will be 15% and I'm not often wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here