Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talk Sport FA Cup comment

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Two idiot presenters talking at lunchtime yesterday. One says "its a shame. Chelsea City is the final everyone wanted to see". The other guys agrees.

What utter borrox. They don't talk sport - they talk football. And they don't talk football, it's all about the Prem. they simply have no idea what real sports fans care about.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I heard that, and am no Chelski or City fan, but that is the final I would have wanted to see, as it would be evenly matched out of the remaining 4 teams.

I watched yesterday and it so one sided. Don't be fooled by ITVs edited highlights. Wigan came across as flat track bullies who outclassed Millwall in every department, only due to their vast PL budget and Whelan gifted cash.

Oh, and the standard of football in the game was awful. That would have been the worst final ever.

Similarly, City or Chelsea will bully Wigan out of it in the final. Money has bought them far superior squads.

That's the worst thing about modern football ..... ££££££, making it a far more uneven playing field.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I want a final that proves the FA Cup is open to everyone. If occasionally it means a smaller club gets to the final and the actual match is a bit now sided, so what. It shouldn't just be another Prem game each time.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I heard that, and am no Chelski or City fan, but that is the final I would have wanted to see, as it would be evenly matched out of the remaining 4 teams.

I watched yesterday and it so one sided. Don't be fooled by ITVs edited highlights. Wigan came across as flat track bullies who outclassed Millwall in every department, only due to their vast PL budget and Whelan gifted cash.

Oh, and the standard of football in the game was awful. That would have been the worst final ever.

Similarly, City or Chelsea will bully Wigan out of it in the final. Money has bought them far superior squads.

That's the worst thing about modern football ..... ££££££, making it a far more uneven playing field.

I thought Millwall made Wigan look ragged for the first half hour of the 2nd half,.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Agree with the OP. in fact I would prefer to watch a Wigan v Man city/Chelsea final because of the David v Goliath matchup...some of the best finals of the 80s were when we had similar teams in the final...82-84 and then in 87&88 when Wimbledon and Coventry won the cup.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Chelsea/City is the final that Chelsea and City fans want to see - plus all their armchair fans up and down the country. Far outnumbering those are the neutral fans, who would have preferred to see a Wigan/Millwall final. This is partially why the FA Cup has lost it's appeal, as people are already fed up with seeing Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool given priority week in and week out.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I'd have preferred a Brighton v anybody FA Cup Final this season.

And next season...........etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here