Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If I were a Palace fan...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...I'd be bricking it now.

Football writes some funny stories, and Dougie taking Bolton from relegation battlers to knocking Palace out of the playoff spots would be one such story.

Screen Shot 2013-04-14 at 08.07.22.png

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
They have certainly been dragged back into it and could easily miss out alongside us, forest Leicester or Bolton. Most worrying thing for them is the goals have dried up and a trip away at Ipswich (who before hull game yesterday had not conceded in 5 games) does not look as simple as it did when Murray was scoring for fun.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On current form Palace are going to be lucky to stay in, more worryingly I think we will land up playing the form team in Bolton

Their PL squad coming to the fore, may get them back to the PL, after being awful most the season.

Weird season, and almost unjust. You think of the superior football that CP and Watford have played compared to a dire Bolton team. I realise the 6th best team have often gone up in playoffs, but the bizarrely even points spread below the top 3 down to the relegation zone may allow awful Bolton to bounce straight back up.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Their PL squad coming to the fore, may get them back to the PL, after being awful most the season.

Weird season, and almost unjust. You think of the superior football that CP and Watford have played compared to a dire Bolton team. I realise the 6th best team have often gone up in playoffs, but the bizarrely even points spread below the top 3 down to the relegation zone may allow awful Bolton to bounce straight back up.

Not sure about unjust, pretty good chance that Bolton will finish above Palace. Only 3 points behind and certainly the team in form. Bolton have won 8 out of the last 10 and certainly can claim to be as good as Palace. Murray has stopped scoring and they have stopped getting results.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On current form Palace are going to be lucky to stay in, more worryingly I think we will land up playing the form team in Bolton
We're not exactly out of form, unlike some:whistle:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
A thread on this subject on the BBS is split between fans who think they are fine and will easily make it and doom mongers... much like here I guess!

My favourite quote from the thread was "Would like to play Brighton - Ulloa is best striker in league. However, I don't think they have much else, and to play on their decent pitch would suit us"

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
A thread on this subject on the BBS is split between fans who think they are fine and will easily make it and doom mongers... much like here I guess!

My favourite quote from the thread was "Would like to play Brighton - Ulloa is best striker in league. However, I don't think they have much else, and to play on their decent pitch would suit us"

Whoever wrote that is so deluded it is untrue. Not the bit about us not having anyone else. Just simply the bit about playing on a decent pitch. Simply Hillarious. Cheers for posting

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Football being football, we could be 4 points in front of you come Wednesday, with a game in hand !!
Lots of twists and turns to come yet .

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
.....If I was a Palace fan I'd be pissed off that Palace fan George Boyd, Championship Player of the Month, chose Hull over Palace on leaving the Posh and has been on fire ever since.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Whoever wrote that is so deluded it is untrue. Not the bit about us not having anyone else. Just simply the bit about playing on a decent pitch. Simply Hillarious. Cheers for posting

Isn't our pitch meant to be a bit too hard? Zaha's not going to do himself any favours constantly throwing himself to the ground on it.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
.....If I was a Palace fan I'd be pissed off that Palace fan George Boyd, Championship Player of the Month, chose Hull over Palace on leaving the Posh and has been on fire ever since.

One word, money

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Bolton were absolute dross when they came to us and I'm very surprised at their upturn in form!
If they were to go up instead of Palace, that would help to cancel out my disappointment at not making it though. :D

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
What's the general feeling around Selhurst Se20? Still confident or very worried?

Not over confident tbh.
My personal feeling is we'll scrap in on the last game at home to Peterborough.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not over confident tbh.
My personal feeling is we'll scrap in on the last game at home to Peterborough.

Personally, I dont think you or us need to be going in to that last game needing anything, but we probably will. The sides we are playing will likely need the points too. Looks like it could be a nerve racking end to the season. I might do the opposite to everyone else and not delay my holiday, but actually book one. I am not sure I will be able to cope TBH

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
:eek: That's not a great fixture to look forward to. An all attacking Posh against a defence that appears to be already on it's summer holidays.

Posh will be well safe by then, they have quite a few easy games coming up :whistle:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here