Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Palace play off

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So, the ever more likely scenario that we play Palace in the play offs, how do people feel about it? Tell you how I feel, sick to the stomach, because we might lose.

Who is excited by the possibility and who is dreading it?

We have the form, but I don't think that counts for much come the play offs. I, whatever we end up doing, expect us to be in the play offs, that is foregone in my own eyes and my own holiday will be put on hold.

Palace in the first round? I just know it'll happen.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Absolutely the best result would be Palace in the semi.

3rd are likely to be Watford who are fantastic on their day, capable of beating anyone easily. If they had started the season even moderately well, would undoubtedly be in the automatic places.

6th are likely to be Bolton who are the most in form team in the division and have a squad full of Premier League players.

I'd far rather play a team who are bang out of form, with a dodgy defence and whose stars haven't put in a performance since Christmas.

Bring em on please.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

3rd are likely to be Watford who are fantastic on their day, capable of beating anyone easily. If they had started the season even moderately well, would undoubtedly be in the automatic places.

6th are likely to be Bolton who are the most in form team in the division and have a squad full of Premier League players.

I'd far rather play a team who are bang out of form, with a dodgy defence and whose stars haven't put in a performance since Christmas.

Bring em on please.

I think Watford will win the play offs... hope I've jinxed them.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

Bring em on please.

Well said.

Totally agree

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Would not be surprised if we overtake them and finish 4th. Which by my calculation will be Friday at their place then ours for Monday night( can't see us playing on Sunday due to pride weekend)

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
The best result would be palarse to lose their remaining games and drop out of the top six.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Dissagree with the OP- form is key, Bolton are clearly the danger at the mo. I'm confident we'd beat palace over two legs.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Dissagree with the OP- form is key, Bolton are clearly the danger at the mo. I'm confident we'd beat palace over two legs.

Agree Bolton are the form team, but have you seen their next 3 games?

Leicester A
M'boro H
Cardiff A

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
palace does look possibly the most attractive possibility at the moment,
tho' the thought of losing it.............(it wouldn't happen),
as said above tho', lets just make sure we make it into the play offs first

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Would not be surprised if we overtake them and finish 4th. Which by my calculation will be Friday at their place then ours for Monday night( can't see us playing on Sunday due to pride weekend)

What pride weekend? I was thinking the police would insist on playing Thursday/Sunday.

bubbaseagull

Nov 28, 2012
Hove
So, the ever more likely scenario that we play Palace in the play offs, how do people feel about it? Tell you how I feel, sick to the stomach, because we might lose.

Who is excited by the possibility and who is dreading it?

We have the form, but I don't think that counts for much come the play offs. I, whatever we end up doing, expect us to be in the play offs, that is foregone in my own eyes and my own holiday will be put on hold.

Palace in the first round? I just know it'll happen.

I understand that Brighton occasionally throw it away or break down in games that we must win or want to win, but even though Palace are higher in The League you always need a bit of optimism.(hell I think we are going to win the playoffs!) This game is pretty unpredictable but try to back your team to win if its against Palace mate... that's IF IT HAPPENS (and it probably will). Seagulls! :ascarf:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
So,at the sharp end of the season,after untold threads and countless replies,we have the prospect of playing a team we expected to get relegated at the start of the season and which has hit the slippery downward slope just at the right time.

Game on !

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Bring em on please.

Difficult to disagree with this right now, even better if we can nick 4th from them and get the 2nd leg advantage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here