Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question: If Palace don't make the Play-offs, but we do........................

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He is on loan at Crystal Palace until the 30th June 2013, on the 1st July 2013 he will join Crystal Palace for 350k (what we paid). As he will still be contracted to them even if we make the play-offs and they don't (which won't happen) he won't be able to play for us.

Straight up question, where does this information come from? I can't recall seeing it anywhere other than on here posted by people who I guess are ITK, but the details all seem so specific, yet surely it's a confidential deal between the clubs, Player and agent.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why would we want Dobbie back? He was mediocre at best when he played for us, and it doesn't look like he's done much better at Palace since January.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why would we want Dobbie back? He was mediocre at best when he played for us, and it doesn't look like he's done much better at Palace since January.
Cos Barnes will get sent off v Blackpool and Barker will injure himself on his skateboard. :shrug: & half a :dunce: (Barker doesn't have a skateboard!)

I do hope we tied up the fact that when Palace don't make the play offs they still have to buy him.

No way would he be welcomed back here.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He is on loan at Crystal Palace until the 30th June 2013, on the 1st July 2013 he will join Crystal Palace for 350k (what we paid). As he will still be contracted to them even if we make the play-offs and they don't (which won't happen) he won't be able to play for us.

This with blue and white bells on.

Feb 12, 2013
Straight up question, where does this information come from? I can't recall seeing it anywhere other than on here posted by people who I guess are ITK, but the details all seem so specific, yet surely it's a confidential deal between the clubs, Player and agent.

Not really pal, because he'd already been at two clubs this season he couldn't join Palace permanently so had to go on loan. The loan is un till the end of the footballing year, no season - this is because loan deals that result in the player joining permanently have to be til the end of the year not season. The only bit 'ITK' is about the price, but I can assure you it's just covering our losses on him

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Who cares what he does? He's the worst player to wear an Albion shirt for several years.

Ashley Barnes ?

(I dont actually mean this but i may as well say it before someone else does, just to ruin their fun)

Oh and Dobbie can stay there for all i care, he hasnt played well there and has wore Palace colours - we dont want him back, that and we now have Leo Ulloa of course, who is a million times better !!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The figure quoted is speculative , all I know is we will get back what we paid Swansea , his wages and bonuses while he was here and a tiny bit on top. The fee when he joins Palarse will be undisclosed (unless one of the Steve's brags about it on BBS)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
All made up then, fair enough. .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
All made up then, fair enough. .

Orlandi and Dobbie were both signed from Swansea with undisclosed fees. I think the £350k figure is a random guess from somebody posting on a Swansea message board about the fee for Orlandi.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
i thought you meant dobbie would be the reason for the reversal of fortunes. As Phil says, i don't suppose anyone know the actual details of the deal - but i would be very surprised to see him come back.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
He's been tainted by the scum now so I don't think any of us want him back. If he WAS to return he would probably be released or sold in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here