[Official Site] Ankergren's Redemption

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
casper-l229-769818_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
19:16 13th April 2013
by Adam Tighe
Casper Ankergren says he is glad he has put his mistake at Nottingham Forest behind him after an assured performance against Middlesbrough.
The Danish keeper kept a clean sheet in the Seagulls’ brilliant 2-0 win at the Riverside and told seagulls.co.uk, “It was good to put that behind me, I actually felt I had a good game at Forest but you are remembered for your mistake, and that was a terrible one.
“So it was nice to get that out of the way quite quickly and keep the clean sheet. It was also great to get it out of the way because you spend a lot of time thinking why me, why did it happen to me?
“In games where you do not have a lot to do you can sometimes make mistakes but that was one where I had plenty to do. Again it was nice to get it out of the way but more importantly the team got the result because we needed to win."
Albion’s League One-winning keeper admitted that the victory has elevated the mood in the dressing room as the Seagulls continue their play-off push.
“I am very happy today; it is a difficult place to come and we kept a clean sheet, so I'm delighted for my team-mates as well as everyone played well.
“If you look at the midfield everyone was blocking shots, and so were Matthew Upson and Gordon Greer and that made it a bit easier for me.
“Everybody is happy and although we have another difficult game on Tuesday it will be a nice feeling on the flight back tonight.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here