Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A story to restore your faith in mankind

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I came across this story from a link from 'Soldiers Of The Street' a charity I support that tries to help homeless ex-servicemen. An old boy who served in the war died in a care home recently. He only had a couple of relatives so the care home manager sent a message to the ex-servicemen's organisation asking if anyone would like to pay their respects to a war hero. The response was simply phenomenal. I love this country.

War veteran given a hero's send-off after hundreds of strangers turn up to his funeral following email from care home | Mail Online

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I came across this story from a link from 'Soldiers Of The Street' a charity I support that tries to help homeless ex-servicemen. An old boy who served in the war died in a care home recently. He only had a couple of relatives so the care home manager sent a message to the ex-servicemen's organisation asking if anyone would like to pay their respects to a war hero. The response was simply phenomenal. I love this country.

War veteran given a hero's send-off after hundreds of strangers turn up to his funeral following email from care home | Mail Online

Saw that yesterday. It is a lovely story: I just hope his last days weren't lonely, as nobody should end up like that.

I've met plenty of homeless guys with backgrounds in the Forces. Not that anybody should have to sleep on the streets, but it's easy to see why somebody who's lived a very institutionalised and disciplined life finds it hard to adapt to civvy street. Then it just becomes a spiral downwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here