Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Gus not Interested in the club anymore?

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Serious question really. I mean me and a friend got talking today and we was discussing BHAFC and he brought up the point Gus just don't seem to have the passion anymore. Take when he first joined he would be up out of his seat questioning every little thing. These days he just sits In his seat and looks disinterested. His general involvement with the club too has taken a nosedive. It's like he don't care anymore and don't look happy. Seems that way to me. Unless there Is alot more behind the scenes we aren't aware of.

I'm not bushing the guy. Tho I could but I not here to cause an argument. I think it's a pretty valid thread I am making.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Serious question really. I mean me and a friend got talking today and we was discussing BHAFC and he brought up the point Gus just don't seem to have the passion anymore. Take when he first joined he would be up out of his seat questioning every little thing. These days he just sits In his seat and looks disinterested. His general involvement with the club too has taken a nosedive. It's like he don't care anymore and don't look happy. Seems that way to me. Unless there Is alot more behind the scenes we aren't aware of.

I'm not bushing the guy. Tho I could but I not here to cause an argument. I think it's a pretty valid thread I am making.

I'd get back in your bush mate:facepalm:

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
After the palace 3-0 win...

"The day we went up from League One was special. But this is the best day by far.

"I become a fan of the club I am working at or playing for, it's how I am.

"And at this football club you know one thing - you need to beat Palace.

"This was a day to stop time and stay here forever. I would like it to be the last game of the season, or a last at a club, or the last of your career."

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He is a young manager and you have to remember he's still learning. Maybe he's settling into his style?

Not that I agree with your post.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I think he needed to calm down his touch line antics anyway so not a bad thing. Leave it to Tanno and Charlie and keep a calm head!

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
I'd get back in your bush mate:facepalm:

I'm not trolling. Geez

After the palace 3-0 win...

"The day we went up from League One was special. But this is the best day by far.

"I become a fan of the club I am working at or playing for, it's how I am.

"And at this football club you know one thing - you need to beat Palace.

"This was a day to stop time and stay here forever. I would like it to be the last game of the season, or a last at a club, or the last of your career."

In all honesty. That sounded like a leaving speech.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm fairly certain that if Gus had spent the whole season standing at the edge of his technical area, we would have already wrapped up automatic promotion by now. :jester:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Insecure much?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'm not trolling. Geez

In all honesty. That sounded like a leaving speech.

so, when the manager doesn't talk like a manager, but like a fan, he's leaving.

Anything else, he doesn't care?

Get yourself a hobby mate

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm fairly certain that if Gus had spent the whole season standing at the edge of his technical area, we would have already wrapped up automatic promotion by now. :jester:

Indeed, what a strange conclusion the OP has drawn from his observations.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Other news.......... Several cars just drove past my house.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012

This is your 2nd quality thread today.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Well It seems I try and create a serious thread and everyone plays kick the Midget. Fair enough.

But that's just it, it's not really a serious thread IMHO.

You've said that he doesn't get out of his seat as much as he used to, which can't really be conceived as him having lost interest in the club.

You've said that his general involvement in the club 'has taken a nosedive', but you've listed no specific examples or insight into this.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Charlie got a boot up the bottom from the FA already this year. I wouldn't be surprised if a 'don't push it, mate' edict has generally gone round the club.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well It seems I try and create a serious thread and everyone plays kick the Midget. Fair enough.

How is it a serious thread? Its based on your impressions and nothing more, whatever people say (in agreement or disagreement with you) won't change your mind will it. Personally I think Gus has rained himself in slightly (he is still up and down a lot at the Amex) because he was getting a bit of trouble with 4th officials which can't help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here