Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough v Albion - from The Riverside [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
2:35pm
Right, as a special treat, I've dug this out for you - assuming I embed it properly!
Skip to the 10:35 mark of this video*for highlights of Albion's last point and last goal at Middlesbrough, back in 1989.

2:31pm
You may well have seen the piece already online detailing Albion’s record both at The Riverside and its predecessor Ayresome Park. Their last five games up here have brought defeats by scores of 2-0, 4-0, 5-0, 1-0 and 1-0. I had the good fortune to speak to the last man to score for the Seagulls on Teesside the other day – Kevin Bremner, whose 90th-minute header secured a 0-0 draw in the second tier back in October 1989.*

2:28pm
Boro's 4-4-2 will actually look like this....
******************* Steele
Hoyte** *Woodgate Williams* Halliday
Haroun Leadbitter Smallwood Zemmama
************** Main McDonald

2:12pm
I used the word “unpredictable” in my opening post but disillusioned Boro fans will probably tell you their side’s results have been all too predictable since the turn of the year as they have won just two of 16 games and taken a single point – from a 0-0 draw at home to Peterborough – in their last six outings. But who could have predicted that run? And how many of us looking in from the outside kept expecting them to put things tight? It is probably a bit late for that now in terms of finishing in the top six but Tony Mowbray has freshened the line-up a little and surely they will be keen to appease increasingly disgruntled home fans today and/or when Forest visit on Tuesday.
As for Albion, home form has remained quite steady, despite a couple of recent draws, but that have only taken two points from four away outings since winning 2-0 at leaders Cardiff. They have not gone five without a win on the road this season and will be keen to keep it that way by winning here.

2:08pm
Jonathan Woodgate has been passed fit for Boro. We heard conflicting reports during the week that he might be ruled out today after suffering concussion at Hull last week.
But striker Lukas Jutkiewicz is ruled out for the hosts which is a blow for them.
Boro: Steele, Hoyte, Halliday, Woodgate, Williams (c), Haroun, Smallwood, Leadbitter, Main, McDonald, Zemmama. Subs: Leutwiler, Bikey, Ameobi, McEachran, Carayol, Miller, Bailey*

2:06pm
Subs: Brezovan, Painter, El-Abd, Dicker, Forster-Caskey, Vicente, Barker.

2:04pm
Albion: Ankergren; Calderon, Greer, Upson, Bridge; Bridcutt, Hammond, Crofts; Orlandi, Ulloa, David Lopez.

2:03pm
And Ankergren gets the nod

2:01pm
We await team news but it is seems to be an open secret that Tomasz Kuszczak has been ruled out.

1:54pm
We’re on Teesside at The Riverside today – wondering which side of these two rather unpredictable teams we will see as Albion visit Middlesbrough in the Championship. It’s slumping/depressed/relaxed because the pressure’s off/determined to prove a point/de-motivated because the play-offs have gone* Boro versus the high-flying/nervous/due a win* Seagulls.
* - Feel free to delete as you see applicable. That's the Championship for you.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here