[Official Site] Crofts Aims for Promotion Double

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
crofts-l229-768871_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
12:18 13th April 2013
by Adam Tighe
Welsh international Andrew Crofts is hoping to achieve with Albion what he achieved with Norwich City.The midfielder was part of the Canaries squad that won promotion to the Premier League in 2010/11, and admitted the experience was a highlight of his career.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Getting promoted is one of the best things you can experience in football and what I achieved at Norwich is what I want to copy at Brighton, so hopefully we can do that.
“I have played in a lot of pressurised, big games, especially when I got promoted from the Championship to the Premier League with Norwich. In the final few games we were pushing for automatic promotion and we did it with a game to spare, so I am used to these situations.”
The 28-year-old also admitted that he is relishing the business end of the season after returning from a lengthy spell on the sidelines.
“There is a lot more riding on the games; the first game of the season you want to win but towards the end of the season teams and clubs are always playing for things. Whether it is staying up or trying to get promoted, so it is always nice to be on the right side of things, trying to get promoted, and that is what we are trying to do.
“With five games to go, in the position we are in, it is exciting. That is why you work hard all season to play in these big games and be up amongst it.
“But as a player you treat every game the same; you go into every game giving 100 per cent and wanting to win every game you play in.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here