Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Tiger in trouble?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
A stewards enquiry as to whether he played a shot from a different position after finding the water on the fifteenth hole in yesterdays second round at The Masters.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I always thought you could go as far back as you like, to take a drop. As long as your not closer to the hole. As for the line the ball crossed the hazard. It rebounded off the flagstick back into the water i.e not crossing it. I can't really see what all the fuss is about, he hasn't broken any rules in my eyes, can't believe they will dq him for that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He has to be disqualified. If they let him off, it makes a mockery of the game and rules. But then he is world no. 1 and not a 14 year old......

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He has to be disqualified. If they let him off, it makes a mockery of the game and rules. But then he is world no. 1 and not a 14 year old......

But they wouldn't be "letting him off" if he hasn't been deemed to have broken any rules. Which I don't believe he has. You can go as far back from a water hazard as you like. He could have gone another 50 yards back if he had wanted to. It's a storm in a tea cup.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Not according to the 'experts' on Sky Sports Masters breakfast.

They were saying the ball entered the hazard on a different line off the flag, which it did. But that is not where it crossed the hazard. That's where I believe they will find he has nothing to answer for. They have an out from this and I believe they will take it.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
He did and he knows it. He dropped it back to the left and to far behind. Its Wood so he'll get away with it but anyone else they'd be disquilyed.

Exactly.
Be surprised if he gets disqualified.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
I'm afraid that they will have to DQ him. He opted to retake the shot but said in an interview that he wanted to add two yards on the shot whereas the ball had to be dropped where he took the previous shot from.

They have no choice. As Tiger said when the 14 year old was penalised for slow play, "Rules is rules".

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'm afraid that they will have to DQ him. He opted to retake the shot but said in an interview that he wanted to add two yards on the shot whereas the ball had to be dropped where he took the previous shot from.

They have no choice. As Tiger said when the 14 year old was penalised for slow play, "Rules is rules".

But that is irrelevant, as he could have added ten yards onto it if he had wanted to. As long as your no closer the hole and on the same line as the ball crossed the hazard.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
But that is irrelevant, as he could have added ten yards onto it if he had wanted to. As long as your no closer the hole and on the same line as the ball crossed the hazard.

They said he had to drop within one yard of the divot.
No disrespect, but I think professionals will know the rules more than you.

Jimmy Grimble

Anyone who is confident he will get DQ'd then it'll be worth your while laying him on Betfair.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
They said he had to drop within one yard of the divot.
No disrespect, but I think professionals will know the rules more than you.

They did say this but I have no idea why.
Normally you can drop as far back as you like as long as you are in line with the hole and no closer.
Furyk did exactly this by moving his ball back further (about 10 yards) to get a flatter lie.
No idea what rule Woods could have broken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here