Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Wimbledon beat off interest from several clubs including Premier League giants Manches

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
AFC Wimbledon beat off interest from several clubs including Premier League giants Manchester City to sign promising striker.
Another Grant Hall or David Gipp. Anybody in the know why this promising striker has slipped through the net.

Dons win race for striker

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I suspect that this may be the key quote from that:

“When Brighton slightly stalled on signing him for the next two years we invited him down to training and he liked what he saw. Callum is a Wimbledon fanatic, he was a mascot here twice, and Jon Main was his hero.”

He's still very young so although he might make, there is every chance he might not. At least he will always be able to say I played for, at whatever level, the team that I support. Good luck to him.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Fair play to him for signing for Wimbledon, if he's that good it won't be long before he's playing first team football.

We obviously didn't rate him, and that's good enough for me.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Top scorer for 6 years? from 9 till 15....... nah no point keeping :eek:

Doesn't matter if he's going to be amazing or L2/conference, if he's the best striker we have at that age I think we could offer him scholarship terms! Maybe we're bringing in some amazeballs 16 year old striker? But I doubt it :(

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Talking to my mate who has just got a scholarship there, he says he had an extension but he didn't take it as he knew he had one at Wimbledon. But he doesn't believe me that Man City were after him!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
David Gipp? Thought he was going to be Brighton's answer to Clive Allen and bag us 50 goals in a season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dirty Judas :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here